Parent set up only triggers one coupon

• Default avatar
    keith0    
     8 years ago

I have set up two coupons, one for a 10% discount of full value of basket, excluding Gift Certs and one X for Y, which adds a Gift Cert to basket at 100% discount for any order. I have also set up a parent to trigger both for any order placed during a promotion campaign...now two days late going out!

Both these coupons work independently using their respective codes...although a problem with VM adding the gift cert to the basket, which seems not uncommon, but does do the confirmation and send email correctly.

But the parent code is only triggering the 10% and ignoring the free gift certificate. No amount of config tinkering seems to make any difference.

Anyone any ideas? Depsrate to find answer before it is too late for the campaign.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

For the process type of the parent coupon, did you set it to 'all that apply'?
  • Default avatar
    keith0    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,
    Yes, I set that but it had no effect.
    I have since discovered that I need to order so the gift token is top of the child coupons and the discount second...now it works. This isn't documented nor obvious and I foond it by accident.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

I think that would be the case if in awocoupon->configuration you set 'Apply only one discount per product' to 'yes'. By default it is set to 'no'. If that is the case, then what happens is the product is already discounted by the 10% coupon and so no other discounts would be allowed.