Single Free Product + Shipping

• Default avatar
    eliot6    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I would like to be able to offer customers a choice of one free product from a particular range of products (could be from different categories). Plus also give them free shipping on this single product. Is that possible ?

I can't see where you can limit the quantity.

Hope you can advise

regards
    Eliot
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

It depends how you are creating the free product:

- using buy x get y: set maximum discount qty to 1
    - using coupon: use value definition
    qty value
    1 100%
    2 0

• Default avatar
    eliot6    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi

I would be using the coupon. So using value definition.

Not sure about the other settings. does this look correct ? http://imgur.com/knYP2P3

regards
    Eliot
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

I would set process type to 'progressive'. Other than that, fine. Here is more on value definition:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-pro/coupons#value-definition

And if you are selecting specific category/product/etc, then make sure discount type is set to specific.
  • Default avatar
    eliot6    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thanks for the update.

As far as the free shipping coupon part of this template goes should the same products be added to the shipping coupon as well ? or is it reliant on the parent coupon and 'All that apply' ?

regards
    Eliot

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

I think you would have to use a parent coupon, where you create a shipping coupon and under asset select the products/categories and set discount type to specific:

Discount Type
    Options (Shipping)
    Overall: The shipping discount is given if any of the products from the product list are in the cart. If no product is selected, then it is assumed all the products are valid
    Specific: The shipping discount is given if all the products in the cart are also in the coupon's product list.
  • Default avatar
    eliot6    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi

Its working ... apart from as soon as i increase the product quantity (for the same item) the shipping is still showing as discounted ?

Is it possible to cancel the discounted shipping if the customer updates the product quantity above 1 ?

regards
    Eliot
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Cant be done. Well you could by adding some code to AwoCoupon, just cant be done in the interface.

If you want a hack, try this:
    in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estore/estorecouponhandler.php, around line 3138 is this:
    <?php

if (
                            (
    $asset_type=='product' && !isset($coupon_row->{$list_name}[$row[$asset_id_name]]))
                                        ||
                            (
    $asset_type!='product' && !isset($coupon_row->{$list_name}[@$coupon_row->cart_items_def[$row['product_id']][$asset_type]]))
                        ) {
    ?>

Right after that add this:
    <?php
    if($coupon_row->coupon_code=='__MY_CODE_HERE__' && $row['qty']>1) continue;
    ?>

You would need to enter your actual code, and this assumes you are using 'include'; for the product in the shipping coupon not 'exclude'.
  • Default avatar
    eliot6    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thanks for the update. I'll have a crack,

regards
    Eliot