AWO with OPC on old VM1 and Joomla 1.5

• Default avatar
    nicolas4    
     8 years ago

Hello Seyi,

Our programmer and Stan can't get rid of these 2 issues, so may be you can help.

Since we installed OPC and get it working, our installation of AWO is not clean. Please see https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3JHnWnMtsGaYXdzUGtkVXpvVW8 . We copied all the code from all the original files, but AWO seems to not recognize the installation.

Issues are :

- Free shipping (100%) coupon should substract full shipping fee, but it ADDS 8$ to the total...

See : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3JHnWnMtsGabVQzQmFsc0ltVjQ

- When adding a free shipping coupon and try to add many other coupons, only 1 of them will be counted. If we do not add a free shipping coupon, all coupons are added to cart and all calculations are OK. So it seems that having a free shipping coupon makes the whole component going crazy.

- All coupons stay in "memory", so next time I add a product to the cart (even after placing an order OR log out), coupons are added to cart. All of them.

I hope you may help me on this tough one, a clue or something...

Thanks from your help Seyi.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

For the coupon staying in memory problem, is it being recorded? If you go to awocoupon->history, do you see a list of coupons there that have been used? If not, then it is not calling the awocoupon cleanup function. Is your opc using this file:
    /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php

I believe you can set it to use OPC version, which might have to be adjusted.

For shipping coupons, AwoCoupon does not actually create a discount in the coupon field, it alters the prices of the shipping cost directly. Not really sure why it is adding instead of subtracting, but lets see if we can solve the first problem and go from there.
  • Default avatar
    nicolas4    
     8 years ago

Thanks Seyi. Let me check and get back to you.

Thanks again.
  • Default avatar
    nicolas4    
     8 years ago

Seyi,

No, coupons are not recorded in the table __history, so it means that ps_checkout.php is not used? Why is that possible? In OPC, I checked :

- Enable 0 price default shipping. By default OPC chooses the lowest rate not equal zero. When this option is selected a zero priced shipping option is selected. This is usefull if your free shipping is handled by UPS or AWO coupons.

And why AWO does not recognize the installation (Installation Check fails)?

Thanks.
  • Default avatar
    nicolas4    
     8 years ago

Seyi,

I sent an email to Stan, he said he will have a look at his OPC and make AWO work. I will keep you posted on this. I may recommand Stan to contact you directly, so the 2 experts can solve the issue. Hope you agree with this.

Thanks.