How to send only 1 coupon ?

• Default avatar
    berutto    
     8 years ago

I bought AwoCoupon Pro and tried to work with it, but still have some questions.

I want to send a gift certificate by email to my customer, who just bought some products (example : "5% off on your next order")

I so created :

- 1 coupon (template, with percentage, reduction type = global, value = 5)

- 1 gift certificate (product = Product1, template = my coupon just created, Price Calculation Type = template)

- 1 other gift certificate (product = Product2, template = my coupon just created, Price Calculation Type = template)

But I got some problems :

- When the customer buys 3 qty of Product1, he receives 3 coupons, each of them with 5% off => I want he receives just 1 coupon with 5% off

- When the customer buys 2 products (Product1 + Product2), he receives 2 coupons, each of them with 5% off => I want he receives just 1 coupon with 5% off

In fact, I want to send only one coupon for the all order (even if he bought multiples products or multiples items of 1 product)

How can I set the component to do this ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

The gift certificate function was not meant to work in the way you are using it. It was meant to work as buy credit for your store. So for example, you would setup a $10 gift ciertificate and when a customer purchases 3 of these they would receive 3 different codes all worth $10 each. So using it in this way will not work, not without customization to the code.

there is another extension that does what you want:
    https://awodev.com/products/joomla/aworewards

The only downside is you cannot specificy what products need to be in the cart for the coupon to be triggered. If it to work for any product, then this should work for your needs.
  • Default avatar
    berutto    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thanks for your help.
    I purchased and installed aworewards.
    It works like a charm, but only one time.

- I have added a rule (rule type=order, connected to my awocoupon coupon)
    => On the first order, the customer receive an email with 1 coupon code
    - The customer can use its coupon code, but on next orders, he will not receive any new coupon codes, whereas those orders respect the rule in aworewards. (I have to manually delete the payment history and credit history to re-enable the rule)

How can I do to send 1 coupon for each order the customer do ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Can you please give the details of how you setup the order rule?

If you entered a value in 'order number to trigger rule', then it will only trigger for the numbers you set it.
    Or if you set the 'minimum order total type' to 'all orders', then the rulel would only trigger once
  • Default avatar
    berutto    
     8 years ago

Wonderful !

I didn't understand the 'minimum order total type'.
    When I set it to 'per order', the rule triggered more than one time.

Thanks a lot for your help !!!