Virtuemart 3 and AWO Gift Certificates no shipping cost

• Default avatar
    paul78    
     8 years ago

Hi Forum,

I just purchased the awoCoupon Pro and setup the Gift Certificates as purchasable products.

The issue I'm receiving is that there is a cost on the shipping fee for Gift Certificates, which is incorrect.

I have searched the forums but every solution is for an updated version on Virtuemart, so I cannot find the PHP files that the users are suggesting to edit.

Example of the forum posts I have found
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/free-shipping-and-coupons#comment-283
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/awocoupon-shipping-added-after-using-gift-certificate-dont-want
    https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store

I have now added two shipping costs, normal product shipping (55 cost), and an awocoupon shipping method (zero cost), but the normal shipping cost still gets added to the Gift Certificate shipping. Gift Certificate purchases should not have a shipment cost.

Please assist if you can.

Thanks,
    Dale
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

How is your normal shipping setup? Is the shipping charge per product? Your shipping and AwoCoupon are disconnected. So in order to not charge shipping for gift certificates, it either has to be custom coded into it, or if there is an option to exclude products/categories, then do that.
  • Default avatar
    paul78    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I have two shipping methods, I setup two because I thought the one would be for the Gift certificates and the other for normal products.

There is no option on both methods to exclude costs for categories nor products.

Am I setting up the shipping incorrectly?

Thanks,
    Dale

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for the access. I have taken a look and see you are using the standard shipping module. Looking in AwoCoupon you have 'Gift Voucher - R200' set up as a gift certificate. But you do not have 'Gift Voucher - R300' setup. So if you had the r300 in the cart the free gift certificate shipping would not show. It would only show if you had the r200 exclusively in the cart.

In my testing there seemed to be some type of a caching problem. As I unpublished all the shipping methods in Virtuemart and still the shipping cost was showing. The only way I got it disappear was to go to extensions -> plugins, find the 2 shipping methods and disable them. Then I re-enabled them and it seems to work well now. if just r200 is in the cart, there is the free shipping option. If other items are in the cart, then the free shipping option is not there.
  • Default avatar
    paul78    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thank you so much for all your efforts, the application is working amazingly!

Can I stretch your mind for one last thing?

Where can I create/update the layout for the Gift Voucher card? The card that customer receives.

Regards,
    Dale
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Great, glad that is working.

The templates for the gift certificates can be found in awocoupon->tools->profiles.
  • Default avatar
    paul78    
     8 years ago

Thanks Seyi,

You have been very helpful!

Best wishes,
    Dale

• Default avatar
    paul78    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Hope this message finds you well.

I was hoping if you could help me out again.

Once the user adds a product to the cart, is there a way to auto select the payment gate? Depending if there a product in the cart or a gift voucher?

I don't want the user to select the payment type, the functionality isn't practical for the understanding of the average user.

If it's only a gift voucher in the cart then the cart should go straight to the checkout process.

If there are products in the cart then the shipping cost will automatically be added.

I would just like to skip the shipment selection process.

Plus, once I remove the product out of the cart then the R55 (Delivery cost) should be removed as well.

Please assist if you can. Or direct me in the correct direction.

The login details are the same that I sent you before.

Latest preview link below:
    http://ms-porter.co.za/preview/

Kind regards,
    Dale
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

So you question is about the payment method? Not the shipping? If so, I dont think you can do it, at least ot easily. The payment methods themselves would have to support include/exclude specific products, which I do not think any payment methods supports. If they did then you could use that to make sure only one payment method is available when only gift certificates are in the cart, which would then be automatically selected.

The only other thing to do would be to hack all the payment methods you have and add a condition to either include or exclud the gift certificate products.

• Default avatar
    purav1    
     7 years ago

Hello,

I have the similar Issue related to Giftcard product, In my shop when user checkout for e-giftcard product he is getting charged for shipping and taxed as per general  VM Configuration, How i can stop Tax and shipping cost for only those two giftcard product.

I have review above posts and many has try to achive by hooks or changing in VM core files-i think, In my case price is dynamic so user can add giftcard amount and that amount will be calculated to price for that product so here many alternatives will be stopped for,

it will be great if anyone help me on this.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

In Virtuemart you can disable tax on a product when editing it.  You can do this for the gift certificate product.

For shipping it really depends how it is setup.  If it is based on weight you can set the weight of the gift certificate product to 0.  Also the is the awocoupon gift certificate shipping method which you can enable on the front end as 'Free shipping for gift certificates'.  And when there are only gift certificates in the cart it will show for selection.