Coupon on percent with a maximum amount allowed (capped)

• Default avatar
    dassig    
     11 years ago

Hi, just evaluating to purchase the Pro version (considering the great features and support of Awocoupon).
    I'd need to create a coupon (generic on all the products and applied to the whole cart content) based on a percentage but with a limit on the absolute value of the discount applied (a cap). It's meant to be promotional coupon.
    An example will be more explanatory:
    I want to create a coupon with 20% of discount but that it will remain in any case within 15$.
    So:
    - If the customer purchases a cart with a total of 50$ the coupon discount will be 10$.
    - If the customer purchases a cart with a total of 400$ the coupon limit will be applied and the discount will be 15$
    Is it possible to do that in the current version of AwoCoupon for Joomla 1.5?
    Thanks
    Gerry
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello Gerry,

Interesting idea. No, there is currently no option to cap the discount given in a coupon.
  • Default avatar
    dassig    
     11 years ago

Thanks Seyi for your prompt answer. I reckon it's a particular condition but not so rare. Think about to improve with this feature your great component (developer to developer ;-) )
    Gerry
  • Default avatar
    isaac79    
     7 years ago

Hi Seyi, my client also asking for this feature to cap discount limit. have this issue been solved after four years suggest by Gerry.

Thank you

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

This feature is now available in the latest version, 2.5.6.