Facing problem in create new discount coupon

• Default avatar
    cha182    
     8 years ago

Hi ,

Im just installed AwoCoupon Pro in my joomla 3 virtuemart 3 ,I will need to create 2 type of discounts:
    a. 6% off for first time customers (people who never register before) who buy in multiples of 6 , Eg 6 bottles 12 bottles 18 bottles etc
    b. repeat customers able to do a 10% off automatically.

Any suggestions how can i create and customise above 2 types discounts on my site?

And im using the license on my test site (not yet launch) , after that i will move my site to live site... may i know how can i migrate the license to the new site?

Thanks in advance

best regards
    cath
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

In Awocoupon, there is no way to differentiate between a new customer and an existing customer when creating a coupon. There is the 1 user per customer that can be used, but this will work for all customers once regardless of if new or old. Now to answer your questions about the discounts:

a. you can use value definition for the quantity discounts:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-pro/coupons#value-definition

b. yes you can create a 10% discount coupon and then add it to the automatic list:
    https://awodev.com/blog/create-automatic-discount-awocoupon-pro

If you want to send coupons for registering, or for orders, there is AwoRewards, which handles these campaings:
    https://awodev.com/products/joomla/aworewards
  • Default avatar
    cha182    
     8 years ago

Thanks Seyi,

Here have another question.
    I've created an automatic coupon, when I go to cart page total price seem works fine.but I can't find any discount show in cart summary.

how can I show the coupon discount show in shopping cart page? Example before discount total price is 100

Show discount 10% with coupon code xxxxx.
    total price show 90.

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

I just had a look at your site and do not see the coupon field. The display of the discount will be shown in the coupon block. So in virtuemart, to enable this, go to
    admin->virtuemart->configuration->configuration->shopfront and check the box 'Enable coupon usage'.

Once that is done, you should see the discount in the front end. If you do not want a coupon box showing, you can probably hide it with some css.
  • Default avatar
    cha182    
     8 years ago

thanks seyi,

Now coupon code show up on shipping cart page.

But I have more questions to ask,
    I have created 1 parent coupon contain 1 coupon 6% , another 0 value. Both for first order customer, if customer purchase more than 12 items 6% discount will apply else 0 will apply. I do that to prevent if first order customer purchase not more than 12 items 10% discount(return customer) apply. I set all coupon in automatically. Am I correct create parent coupon to fix this case?

When I doing testing, 6% disc apply correctly but when I click confirm direct to shipping informations fill in form after I fill in all and click proceed back to cart page, all my items still there but 6% disc gone. and if I repeat few times (not yet complete purchased payment section) and I Restart my browser and back to cart page, 10% disc applied.

Please give me some advice.

Thanks In advance.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

I do not really understand. Can you give details of exactly how you setup the coupons? Or if you prefer, I can look at them directly if you can send a private message with temp admin access.
  • Default avatar
    cha182    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

My problem haven't solve. Can you help on it? I have installed shopper group changer and created return shopper group. But automatic coupon not apply for return shopper.

I have sent you private email. Can you help to advice on it? Thanks in advance
  • Default avatar
    cha182    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

My problem haven't solve. Can you help on it? I have installed shopper group changer and created return shopper group. But automatic coupon not apply for return shopper.

I have sent you private email. Can you help to advice on it? Thanks in advance
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

I have replied to your message. Basically I think you are facing restrictions. Your coupons are set to number of uses 1 per customer and for your email address the coupons have already been used. So you would need to delete the history in awocoupon->history of uses-> coupons, or use different email addresses for testing.