Gift Certificates unable to purchase goods

• Default avatar
    simon54    
     9 years ago

Hi

i have succesfully got a gift certificate working and customer can purchase and is sent a code in the email.

however the code cannot be used to purchase anything apart from another gift certificate, the coupon generated is linked to the gift certificate.

can you help me remove this link so that customers can purchase anything they want from the website.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Have a look at the coupon template attached to the gift certificate product? How is it setup? If the customer can only purchase other gift certificates with the gift certificate then it is because it is setup that way. In the asset column, do you have specific products selected?
  • Default avatar
    simon54    
     9 years ago

thank you for pointing me in the right direction, all working now and can be used.

however do you know how we can change the profile image and also if we can get the coupon code text in an email, not just the image file?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

You can upload your own images (jpg or png) to
    www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/assets/giftcert/images

Then those will show in the dropdown to choose from.

And what do you mean by the coupon text? You mean the code, value, etc? There is the tag {vouchers} which you can use, and you can also format it. the text field is located right under the email body editor.