Aworewards not send review coupon

• Default avatar
    FranAyala    
     9 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Please, forgive me if this is not the correct forum, but i'm unable to locate a aworewards forum.

First, thanks for your solution about reviews in virtuemart 3.0.3. Applying your patch we can read the reviews. Thanks a lot.

Second, i configure Aworewards to send a coupon when a customer set an order. All working. But i have a rule for customer reviews ussing other coupon template and other profile that are not working. When i publish the review, no email is sent to customer and no coupon is generated.

Maybe this issue is related to VM reviews system, but i'm unable to solve it.

Can you help to me?

Thanks a lot!!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

The reviews rewwards depends on cron. AwoRewards has a cron built in that requires the AwoRewards system plugin to be enabled. Can you verify this is so? Also for it to work, there has to be clicks to your site and within the plugin you set how often it should run. So although you publish a review now, it will only be rewarded when the cron is run. The cron may also be having problems. Can you look in the folder:

www/tmp/

you should see an aworewards file there. If not, then cron is not running.
  • Default avatar
    FranAyala    
     9 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I have all AWO* plugins enabled. In temp folder i have 2 files named aworewards_system_timecheck.*

Also i have a file named awocoupon_cron_*

How i can set the time to run the cron? The cron is the poorman's cron? in this case, i configure to 30 min as default time to run.

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

The file awocoupon* runs for AwoCoupon, not AwoRewards. The AwoCoupon cron runs for reminders. If a coupon code is expiring you can setup an email that is sent to customers to remind them it is expiring. This can be configured in awocoupon->configuration->reminders.

For AwoRewards, you need the file aworewards*.
  • Default avatar
    FranAyala    
     9 years ago

I have 2 files aworewards*

Both files are empty. Filesize: 0B

This is normal?

I this case... can you support to solve this issue trying other thing?

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

What are the 2 file names? Yes, the file should be empty. What is important is the name, the timestamp is in the file name.
  • Default avatar
    FranAyala    
     9 years ago

File names:

aworewards_system_timecheck.1422270480

and

aworewards_system_timecheck.1422274084
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Can you delete them both. Then refresh anywhere on your site and then go back to that directory. You should see one new file, not 2. And cron would have been run. You can then check aworewards->credit to see if credit was given.
  • Default avatar
    FranAyala    
     9 years ago

Deleted. A new file named aworewards_system_timecheck.1422275230 is now in tmp folder

I will wait 40 min to check the credit history. At this moment, 10 min ago, no new coupons is created.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

The credit should be there by now. Possible to send a private message with access to have a look?
  • Default avatar
    FranAyala    
     9 years ago

PM sent
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Thanks for the access. Ok the issue is fixed. The problem is it would give credit for the first review of that user. But never any other reviews by the same user. Here is what I updated. In
    www/administrator/components/com_aworewards/helpers/estore/estorerewardshandler.php around line 942, I changed this
    <?php
            $_rule_types_multiple 
    = array('order','birthday');
    ?>

to this
    <?php
            $_rule_types_multiple 
    = array('order','birthday','review');
    ?>
  • Default avatar
    FranAyala    
     9 years ago

Thanks a lot, Seyi. Very well!!!

I'm very happy.

Thanks a lot.

You will include this change to future versions, right?

I need to change this file in future versions?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

You are very welcome. And yes, it will be part of the next update.