Gift Certificates Don't Send When Multiple Items In Cart

• Default avatar
    DarkeRetribution    
     9 years ago

Hi,

I have gift certificates being used as certificates of authenticity when a customer purchases an item. They add an item to their cart and upon order confirmation status they are sent a certificate of authenticity via awocoupon pro. This works fine with one item...however if a customer adds two or more products to their cart with gift certificates for each one then no email is sent. It looks like in the backend its created, but nothing gets sent...also the gift certificate shows up on the "orders" page of History of uses but not the "gift certificates" page of history of uses.

So in short, if some wanted to sell 3 gift certificate products they would not be able to do so at the same time, only individually as 3 seperate orders as your system does not generate emails for orderes containing multiple gift certificate items. I guess it doesnt know how to handle which one to send or handling multiple gift certificates at the same time.

In my case, if i wanted to sell items in virtuemart with certificates of authenticity for each its doable if a person only has 1 item in their cart. Once they have 2+ items in their cart the emails arent sent.

How can we fix this?
  • Default avatar
    DarkeRetribution    
     9 years ago

If that was a little confusing, the main question is how can i make it possible for someone to buy 3 items at the same time in virtuemart

Item 1 = gift certificate product
    Item 2 = gift certificate product
    Item 3 = gift certificate product

If i complete the order i need to get an email with either 1 gift certificate for all 3 items (preferably), or 1 gift certificate for all 3 emailed seperately.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

By default you recevie 1 email with all 3 gift certificates attached.

So if I understand correctly, you purchase 1 gift certificate and receive the gift certificate email, but if you purchase 2 or more gift certificates, you receive no gift certificate email at all?
  • Default avatar
    DarkeRetribution    
     9 years ago

I dont seem to be able to send emails out at all for anything from the component. Can you take a look?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Certainly. Please send temp access via private message.
  • Default avatar
    jamie8    
     4 years ago

Hi, Did this ever get resolved? I am having a similar issue, were when I test buy a single gift certificate product from the shopping cart I get an email ok (based on relevant email template) with the coupon attached. But when I try and purchase two or more gift certificate products I only receive a very basic and generic email to cover all purchase and NO coupons or codes attached.

Email text reads - "Included is your gift certificate valid towards all products at SHOP SITE Simply enter the code from your gift certificate in the coupon code entry form during checkout. Enjoy shopping! Thank you,  Shop Name"

Please can you assist further.

Thank you

Jamie

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

You will need to set the default email template.  AwoCoupon only sends 1 email no matter how many gift certificates are purchased in 1 order.   So if the customer orders gift certificates where there is more than one email template, AwoCoupon will automatically use the default email template.

If you go to awocoupon > tools > email templates, you should see a star next to the default, which should also be the email you are receiving.  You can change it on that page.