Gift certificates aren't emailed

• Default avatar
    jade02    
     9 years ago

Hi I have set up gift certificates as per the documentation here -

https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store

Which includes the customer input fields which are correctly done in the back end.

I've done the suggestions at the bottom of the page here - https://awodev.com/documentation/frequently-asked-questions#giftcert-autoproblem

But the receipent isn't getting sent the gift certificate. I'm checking out via bank transfer and then marking the order confirmed manually in the back end.

I've set the gift certificate to send upon confirmed, but it isnt sending! I'm getting the customer email that my order has been confirmed and the admin email to say an order has been made but not the gift card via the receipent email (diff email address).

I can see the gift certifiate codes generating in the back end, just no email!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Is the gift certificate being sent to either the customer or the recipient? Do you see gift certificates in awocoupon->history of uses->orders?

If you see the codes being generated then it should be sent. If for some reason the codes cannot be sent, then they are deleted.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Also, it may help to get the latest, 2.3.4:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/frequently-asked-questions#install-upgrade

Virtuemart recently changed the custom attribute structure, causing emails not to be sent to the recipient. This is fixed in this version.
  • Default avatar
    jade02    
     9 years ago

Hi I'm running virtuemart : VirtueMart 2.6.12.2

And awo coupon pro :
    Installed Version: 2.3.3.1 (which says it's the latest version).

At the moment no one is being emailed a certificate. I've set it up per your documentation that the customer enters the receipents details so that the recipent gets emailed the certificate.

I've set up the custom fields as per the documentation, which displays Input boxes on the gift card product on front end. So one for name, one for email and one for personal message. I've taken the IDs of those custom fields and put them in the awo coupon configuration - gift certificates. The order status for sending the email is confirmed and ive input the custom field IDs in the 3 boxes below this.

I've assigned the custom fields to each gift certificate product, each gift certificate has a template assigned etc.

If I look under history of uses, gift certificate then yes coupon codes are being generated for each gift certificate I confirm as an order. Yet the receipent isn't receiving an actual gift certificate?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

I think there is a problem with the custom field. Please download the latest 2.3.4 from your account.
  • Default avatar
    jade02    
     9 years ago

Hi I've upgraded but still cant get this to work. I can't get the gift certificate to be emailed to the receipent email entered by the customer.

Is there anyway I can send you login details to check? I appreciate the help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Yes please send a private message with temp admin and ftp access so I can debug the problem.
  • Default avatar
    robert11    
     9 years ago

Hi,
    I think I am having the exact same issue - I have followed all steps and the gift cards are not being sent to the recipient but rather to the client who purchased the card.
    I will pm you our login details.