Can I make a "coupon" that works for all customers, without needing a code?

• Default avatar
    simon13    
     9 years ago

Hello

I want to make a promotion where every customer who spends more than $50 gets a particular free product, more than $75 a different free product, and more than $120 another different free product.

I can set this up easily enough with three separate coupon codes.....and then I think I can also combine those three into one single Parent Coupon if I understand correctly...

But this would still mean that the customer would have to know about the promotion, know the code, and enter the code, to be able to access the discount.

Is there any possible way to set this up in VirtueMart/AWO coupon so that the customer doesn't even need to know about the promotion, or the code, to make it work? In other words, if their order total reaches any of those figures above, the Shopping Cart simply automatically adds the free product to their order?

Thanks

simon
  • Default avatar
    simon13    
     9 years ago

Ha! Ok, i see I can do this using Automatic Discounts....so that is good, I don't need to supply the customers with the coupon code

but now my problem is that it applies all three Coupon Deals that I have set up....for example, an order of $120 will satisfy all three coupon requireements of spending more than $50, more than $75, and more than $120

so how can i set it up so that it only applies the correct spend level....so that for $50-$75 they get one free product, for $75 to $120 they get a different one, and for $120 and up they get a different one again.....so only one free gift no matter how much they spend, as long as its over $50....

but not three free gifts if they spend $120

thanks!
  • Default avatar
    simon13    
     9 years ago

it seems as though the Automatic Discounts should only apply one of the listed coupons, the first one that qualifies.

However, in my case, it seems to be applying all three discounts.....

Why could this be?

thanks
  • Default avatar
    simon13    
     9 years ago

ok i figured it all out. its in configuration.

congrats on a great product and excellent documentation!

no further action required!

thanks