Shipping coupon gives error coupon not found

• Default avatar
    dolphie    
     9 years ago

I'm having a problem when I create a shipping coupon the discount is taken correctly however an error appears stating the coupon was not found, although the coupon appears to work correctly

Please see the site www.kicks.us/shop

• Default avatar
    dolphie    
     9 years ago

This is the error using coupon code free free: Coupon code not found. Please try again.
  • Default avatar
    dolphie    
     9 years ago

This issue appears when I include a specific shipping method. If I don't include any shipping methods the error does not appear. I need to make the coupon only available for USPS standard shipping.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

I was just on your site. I tested the "free" coupon and it seems to be working without errors. I guess is because you do not select a specific shipping method? In virtuemart did you create 2 different shipping methods for usps, one for standard and one for the others? And that is how you are able to select the usps standard shipping in awocoupon?

I also noticed you are using one page checkout whidh is processing the coupon through ajax. Please try turning off ajax processing of the coupon and try it again. You may also want to test it withouth one page enabled to see if it happens on a normal virtuemart cart.
  • Default avatar
    dolphie    
     9 years ago

I tried without AJAX and same problem please take a look at the site now I turned UPS back on which is listed in the excludes that's why you did not see any errors

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

After processing the coupon code, if you click on each shipping method, the discount is immediately displaed through javascript. This means onepage is calculating the shipping discount for all shipping methods you have listed on the page. Some of thsee will return an error while some will not. I think this is the reason you are seeing the error eventhough it is working.

You can get the errors suppressed by wrapping the shipping coupon in a parent coupon. So create another coupon of 'parent' type and add the coupon code 'free' to it. Then use the parent coupon. No error messages should be displayed.
  • Default avatar
    dolphie    
     9 years ago

Thanks that seems to be a great work around for this problem I'm not seeing the error

I appreciate the help