Awocoupon Pro Export and Import coupon not working

• Default avatar
    haukur    
     11 years ago

Using latest Joomla! 2.5.6 and VirtueMart 2.08.e. I bought and installed Awocoupon Pro.
    It simply does not work as promised. Made an export of "reports-> coupon list and click the export to excel icon."
    according to previous topic https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/problem-uploading-csv-file.

Did a direct import of the created file and get the following information

ID: ID ~
    -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
    - [D] Function Type: please enter a valid value
    - [E] Function Type 2: please enter a valid value
    - [J] Number of Uses Type: please enter a valid value
    - [C] Number of Uses: please enter a valid value
    - [F] Value Type: please enter a valid value
    - [G] Discount Type: please enter a valid value
    - [H] Value: please enter a valid value
    - [L] Minimum Value: please enter a valid value
    - [M] Minimum Value: please enter a valid value
    - [S] Function Type Mode: please enter a valid value
    - [W] Type Function Mode: please enter a valid value
    - [Z] Exclude Products on Special: Invalid
    - [AA] Excludes Gift Certificate Products: Invalid

ID: 0

I've tried all sorts of variations of tests to import this file.

Got different error messages all the time.

Have now put a lot of valuable time trying to geting it to work.
    When I read on your forums about all the problems of others.
    I am now very disappointed in your product.

Your own quote to encourage customers to buy your product ...
    "AwoCoupon Pro is your smart coupon and gift certificate solution plus it has EASY all over it! Easy to install (if your store is Heavily customized drop us a line and we make Awo Coupons work with it), easy to use, easy to manage all the coupons and gift certificates ...

It simply does not work as promised.

Can you come up with a solution then I would be thankful. And maybe I get back a little faith in this super simple product.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Sorry for the problems you are having. No need to spend hours trying to get it to work, ask, that is what the support is for. Imports are very complicated, especially since your coupons can be complicated.

There is a problem with the latest version and imports. If you are dealing with gift certificate, this would help:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/problem-importing-csv-r-asset-type-please-enter-valid-value#comment-3406

Also what is the delimiter of your file? If it is a semi colon (can easily check it by opening it up in notepad) then you would have to go to awocoupon->configuration and change the csv delimiter to a semi colon, it is a comma by default.

If you are still having problems, feel free to email the csv file you are having problems with to the email on the contact us page and will be happy to look at it.
  • Default avatar
    haukur    
     11 years ago

Have now compared the exported CSV file in order and there is a shift in the order of the file generated by exports. The template is displayed import menu is different. So the question is which is the right to use, or are any of them right.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Cannot say when the next release is. There are some upgrades that need alot of testing.

I have compared both versions and do not see any shift. The file generated by reports has more columns, containing more information about the columns of ids. But other than that they are the same.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

ID ~ is more than likely the data in the first row, first column. Since you generated this from the coupon list, this is the label row, which does not contain any coupon data, but rather labels to identify each column. This is why when importing there is a checkbox with says 'Exclude the First Row'. Make sure this is checked or remove the label row from file.