Question on Importing Coupon Codes

• Default avatar
    ea.buel    
     9 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be uploading coupon codes into AWO, and had a question. I'm planning on uploading the Parent Coupon which has 2 Child Coupons. I've uploaded single coupons before, but not sure in which column to put the Child Coupons.

Thanks for you help.

Everett Buel
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

You cannot import parent coupons with new codes. You could import parent coupons with existing coupon codes, which you would enter under the asset column.

Another way that might work better would be to generate the parent coupons and then you can export the codes in reports->coupon list.
  • Default avatar
    ea.buel    
     9 years ago

I am afraid I am baffled by your response.

So if I think I get this I have 2 coupons on a shopping cart of $100.00
    Coupon A = discounted amount I.e. $50.00
    Coupon B = taxable amount of $50.00 Is this where I would up load the codes from my outside source?
    Coupon C = parent of a + b. With all that apply marked.

Thanks for your help Seyi
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Not sure I quite follow. Are you trying to set it up so vouchers purchased from another source when used on your site also receive an extra discount?

So
    Coupon A: the discount you give on the product
    Coupon B: the purchase amount from external (gift certificate)
    Coupon C: parent coupon (a+b), where this is the code used from the outside source
    ?
  • Default avatar
    ea.buel    
     9 years ago

Exactly. I have done it all manually, but now need to upload lots of codes.

The problem is stemming from the taxation here is the US. I have to tax the guest on the amount that was bought from a third party such as groupon. So I have to pull off the amount in a discount to make it the price of the amount bought from a third party. Then I have to tax on the remaining amount.

Everett
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Yes, works that way in europe.

Unfortunately cannot use the import function for this. If you were to use generate coupons this would work. Because the generating coupons works that if a parent coupon is found and a gift certificate within it, the gift certificate is automatically copied with a new gift certificate. What it seems you really need is an upload button on the generate coupons screen to specify the codes generated. I can look into adding this on the next version.
  • Default avatar
    ea.buel    
     9 years ago

Seyi,

So in the import area you do have an example of a csv file with a parent coupon example. Couldn't you just add a field to the import button/function to add child coupons? Is it not just a SQL injection? Or something like that.
  • Default avatar
    ea.buel    
     9 years ago

OK Seyi,

How would you import coupon codes so that there is a discount applied before taxes, and the remaining about is left for taxes.

Thanks
    E
  • Default avatar
    ea.buel    
     9 years ago

Morning Seyi,

First I know that you are trying to help so a big thank you.

But now I have like 6000 coupon codes to upload, and really don't want to do it all by hand. Since I seen an example of a Parent coupon in the sample csv file I didn't think this would be a problem to import my codes. Now I find out that I can't import parent coupons. This is going to be a very hard thing to do.

I know that you have a lot of people to help, but I could really use a hand in this.

Cheers for now,
    Everett
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

Just sent you a private message.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

The latest version, 2.2.7, now supports generating coupons where you specify the coupon codes by uploading a text file with codes, 1 per line.