Buy 2 get 1 free

• Default avatar
    ea.buel    
     9 years ago

Afternoon all,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to create a coupon for Buy 2 get 1 Free. I'm working work Groupon that sells packs of tickets for my client. They offer a 2 Pack, 4, 6, 8, and 10 Packs of tickets. I tried But X get Y, but that doesn't seem to work with HikaShop Categories.

I am going to be setting up coupons for each of the packs that are offered, so i will load codes for each one. So if the guest doesn't buy the number of tickets in the pack they will not get the 50% discount.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers for now,
    Everett
  • Default avatar
    ea.buel    
     9 years ago

Sorry I forgot to add!

I'm only charging for tax on this order. So as an Example:

2 Items from Category = $100.00
    2 pack coupon = $-100.00 (because they have already paid at another location)
    Tax at 5% = $ 5.00
    You Pay =$ 5.00

Thanks for your time.

Everett
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 years ago

Hello,

A little confused. Inf your first post you sad you are giving a 50% discount, basically buy 1 get 1 free. But in the second post, seems like a completely different coupon, where you are giving a 100% discount excluding tax?

Ok, will address the second post as it is most recent. In order to charge on just the tax, then you would create a coupon as such:
    Function type: coupon
    Value: the amount in above example 100 (not percent coupon)
    Minimum product quantity: 2 specific
    Asset: select the category

In AwoCoupon->configuration you would then set calculate discount before tax to 'no' for coupons. If this is not possible, then in the coupon edit screen, go to the nots field and add
    {discount_before_tax:0}

This will allow the coupon to work after tax regardless of your global configuration. This above coupon also assumes the product prices in the category selected are all the same.

• Default avatar
    ea.buel    
     9 years ago

Thanks Seyi,

I really didn't write the first question correctly so I am sorry about that.

I will try the fix that you mention, as I do have a comp coupon that I don't want the tax at all.

Thanks for your help.

Everett