Sell Gift Certificates problem

• Default avatar
    BOMSIZE    
     10 years ago

Hi!

I have a problem with setting up the gift certificates that i want to sell.

I followed these steps:
    https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store

But I am stuck at this step:
    "For Product start typing your Gift Card name and the matching products will display"

My products won't display. I don't know what to do to solve this problem.
    Can somebody please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
    Kris from Holland

Edit: I am using Virtuemart version 2.0.24, Joomla! 2.5.17 and AwoCoupon Pro 2.2.3.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Sounds like you might have a javascript error. The most likely cause is Jquery is being loaded by another extension. Can you open the page in google chrome or firefox (firebug) and right click->inppect element->console tab to see what errors you are receiving?

If you like, I can look directly at it if you send a private message with temporary admin access.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Took a look, and the problem is that jquery is being loaded by an external plugin, System - JM Product import. If you disable the plugin, AwoCoupon works properly. Unfortunately there are no options to tell it to exclude jquery from certain components. If that is a plugin you need, then would have to modify its code to exclude Jquery from loading into AwoCoupon.
  • Default avatar
    claudia6    
     10 years ago

hello,

i do have the same problem - i created several products but can't choose them when creating a gift certificate.

and i followed these steps too: https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store

tech infos: virtuemart 2.0.26, Joomla 2.5.17 ans awocoupon pro 2.2.4

thanks for your help, i'm a little desperate!
    claudia
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Can you check if jquery is being loaded externally by another application? I can look at it if you pm me temporary admin access.
  • Default avatar
    Jackie2407    
     10 years ago

Hello

We are having the same problem trying to complete step 3 of the Gift Certificate set up. I have opened the page in Chrome as you suggested to the other users and looked at the inspect element but I can't tell if the jquery is being loaded by a plugin. This is what it does say.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a
    status of 404 (Not Found)
    --- LINK REMOVED ---
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a
    status of 404 (Not Found)
    --- LINK REMOVED ---
    event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard
    event.preventDefault()
    instead.

Can you tell from this if the jquery is loaded by a plugin?

I know that Prestashop (andrea.ohayon@prestashop.com) have already been in contact with you under our service agreement with them. I am now trying to progress the creation of the vouchers.

Regards
    Jackie Ryder
    Forsyth Brothers Limited
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Yes, I did have a look at that site yesterday. And from the error you are receiving I believe the incorrect path to the ajax url is being used.

I believe this would fix it: Access the site through ftp and go to:
    /modules/awocoupon/lib/awohelper.php, around line 12 is this:
    <?php

public static function init() {
            if(!
    defined('AWO_URI')) define('AWO_URI',__PS_BASE_URI__.'modules/awocoupon');
        }
    ?>

Now want to change AWO_URI to the correct path, in your case I would change it to:
    <?php

public static function init() {
            if(!
    defined('AWO_URI')) define('AWO_URI','http://www.forsyths.co.uk/modules/awocoupon');
        }
    ?>

I believe that will fix the problem. If you prefer, I can look at it myself but you would need to send a private message with temporary ftp access.