Buy 6 Get 1 Free?

• Default avatar
    toad78    
     11 years ago

How can I get AWOCoupon to do the following:

"Purchase six products and get one free"

I have the following set up, but it doesn't show any deduction during the Checkout process:

Coupon Code: COUPONCODE
    Published: PUBLISHED
    Function Type: COUPON
    Number of Uses: PER CUSTOMER #1
    Percent or Total: TOTAL
    Discount Type: OVERALL
    Value: 25.00
    Minimum Value: 175.00
    Expiration: 2012-05-18

Translation: The customer can only use this coupon one time. The customer must purchase a total of six items (minimum value of $175) in order to get the seventh item free ($25.00 off).

I cannot get this to work. The deduction does not display during checkout. Why or am I not setting up this coupon correctly?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

to debug why a coupon is not working, go to awocoupon->configuration->error codes tab and change the errors to something more identifiable.

Looking at the coupon you created, since you selected 1 per customer, it requires log in. If you were not logged in in the front end when you tried it, it would not be taken.
  • Default avatar
    toad78    
     11 years ago

I'm only using the Free Version.
  • Default avatar
    toad78    
     11 years ago

This is what the Checkout looks like (and the customer is logged in):

8-35144-03200-2 $25.00 7 $175.00
    Subtotal: $175.00
    Shipping and Handling Fee: $18.36

Total: $193.36
    Tax Total: $0.00

The minimum is met, so why isn't the $25.00 being deducted for the free 7th product?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Ok, the first thing to check is to verify that AwoCoupon is indeed in charge of your coupons. Take a look at this document and verify the insertions:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-free#Installation-2
  • Default avatar
    toad78    
     11 years ago

Yes, it is.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Ok, created the exact scenario locally and it works for me. You will have to start debugging.

Start with a very easy coupon created in AwoCoupon and verify that is discounted. If so, start playing with the configurations on the 25off coupon. For the user you are using it on, are you sure he has not use the coupon in the past? Change the number of uses to a higher number, make the minimum lower, remove the expiration date, etc until you get to a coupon that works.
  • Default avatar
    toad78    
     11 years ago

Is there any way to email you screenshots?