AwoCoupon Pro - Order paid for using Gift Certificate remains 'Pending'

• Default avatar
    QuannyUK    
     10 years ago

Hi,

Just installed AwoCoupon Pro 2.2.2 on Virtuemart 2, and created a GC worth £100. I put through a test order for £1.00, and it's correctly left £99 on the GC to be used in the future.

To complete the order, though, I had to select a payment method. I selected PayPal, and it went straight to the confirmation screen on my site. I can see the order on the Order History list, but it's still down as 'Pending' and not 'Confirmed'. Hence, no confirmation emails were sent to the Vendor or the Customer.

How do I fix it so ideally, a £0.00 order does not need a payment method and the order is marked as Confirmed upon checkout? Do I need to set up a special payment method that is only valid for nil value orders?

- Adam.
  • Default avatar
    QuannyUK    
     10 years ago

Just tried creating a payment method of Min 0 and Max 0, but it appears therefore on all orders...
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I believe 0 means the same as no restrictions on those fields. So try setting the max to 0.01.
  • Default avatar
    QuannyUK    
     10 years ago

Will give it a try. Is there no provision on AwoCoupon to confirm a nil valued order? Just noticed a Payment Method on the drop-down of 'VM Payment - AwoCoupon'... am I meant to create one with that?

Edit:
    Is this what I need to do?
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/coupon-code-exceeds-amount-wont-allow-payment-method-or-ship#comment-4081
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

The payment method AwoCoupon is actually not a payment method and is used for automatic discounts.

For the link you posted, yes, that is a solution. It was written for an older version of Virtuemart so there might be some minor changes, but it should work.
  • Default avatar
    QuannyUK    
     10 years ago

I managed to fix the problem with an idea from the VirtueMart forums, and thought I'd post what I did here in case anybody else needs to sort it out too...

1. Set the minimum amount for your existing payment methods to 0.01

2. Create a new payment method (I called mine 'No Payment Required') and set the maximum amount for that payment method to be 0.001 - note the extra 0, making this 1/100th of your currency

3. Set "Order Status for Pending transactions" to Confirmed.

As simple as that! This means that anything requiring a payment, so in my case 1 pence upwards, will need your customer to select a payment method as normal. Otherwise, it falls below the 1/100th of the currency and only gives the option for 'No Payment Required'. When this new method is selected, the order is set to Confirmed and all the relevant emails and invoices will be sent out.
  • Default avatar
    DJDiM    
     10 years ago

Thanks for instruction. Can you tell, which Payment Method did you used?
    I tried to connect Standart Method, but after payment confirmation system is rederecting me to the blanked page. And whole system is not working.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

sounds like there might be a php error if the whole page is blank. Can you look in the error logs to see if you find anything? Alternatively you can go to global configuration and turn on 'error reporting' to 'development' then try it again. It should show on the screen why it is failing.
  • Default avatar
    DJDiM    
     10 years ago

I switched to development in error reporting and after checkout that page became totaly white, without any log message. and before there was
    I'm newbie with that error logs. You mean cgi_error_log file, or any other?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Not sure then if you are still getting a blank page. The error logs are generally in the root of your website and called error_log. If you prefer I can have a look at it, but would need you to send a private message with temporary admin and ftp access.
  • Default avatar
    QuannyUK    
     10 years ago

Could it be that you're out of PHP Memory? Have a look at at the value of php_memory_limit in a phpinfo file and see if the setting is too low.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Ok, took a look and could not get the error message to be displayed, but I do think QuannyUK has a point. I did some searching on VM forum for this type of error and it was generally a memory limit error, such as this:
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=110384.0

Your memory_limit is set to 32M. It is suggested you have at least 64, but i would even push it to 128 or 256 if you can.
  • Default avatar
    DJDiM    
     10 years ago

Thanks! It's working now. I increase up to 128 M.
    Also wanted to add that if someone will use same method, he should not forget to set Order Status for Pending transactions for Standart payment method to Confirmed.