how do i create a "spend $50 on anything in the shop and get a free bottle of shampoo" coupon

• Default avatar
    simon13    
     10 years ago

hello

i'm new to this.

i want to make a coupon that gives a particular product to customers if they spend more than a certain amount.

on first review of AWOPro, I can't quite see how to do it.

Can anyone please help?

thank you very much...

cheers
    Simon
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello Simon,

Are you trying to give a discount on the current cart if the value is more than a certain amount? Or are you trying to give a coupon (good on the next purchase) if the value is over a certain amount? Because these are 2 different functions, and you can only do the first with AwoCoupon pro. For the second, you would need either AwoRewards or AwoCoupon email extension.
  • Default avatar
    simon13    
     10 years ago

Thanks for your reply.

What I want to happen is that if a customer orders more than 50$, a certain product is automatically added to their order as a free gift.

I thought that this could be accomplished using a Buy X Get Y coupon, when I read about it. Sounds perfect.

Buy $50 get a free shampoo.

This is the reason I bought the extension....

I simply want X to be $50 of any products at all. and Y = bottle of shampoo.

Can I do this with AWO Coupon Pro?

Thanks...

• Default avatar
    simon13    
     10 years ago

Here we go: this is what it says on the Buy X Get Y page:

"Take the Buy X Get Y coupons even further

It is really easy to create these promotions, and what more, you can enhance them further with extra settings including:

- minimum spend limit for the shopping basket"

So I could also define my requirement here as:

- minimum spend of $50 required
    - X can be any product in the store
    - Y is a bottle of shampoo

So I guess the question comes down to: how can I set X to = "any product in the store"

???

thanks...

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

For buy x, select a type of Vendor or Manufacturer and then choose all within the selection. This should cover every product in the store. So overall:

Function: Buy X get Y
    Value: 100%
    Maximum discount quantity: 1
    Automatically add product to shopping cart: Yes
    Minimum Value: 50
    Buy X: 1 of Manufacter/Vendor => all selected
    Get Y: 1 Product => specific shampoo

Think that should do what you want.
  • Default avatar
    simon13    
     10 years ago

thank you that's brilliant. works like a charm. i appreciate your rapid response helping to sort this out.