HUGE bug that cost us over 300 dollar!

• Default avatar
    paypal4    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi,

This time I am mad because it's the second time I run into a awocoupon bug that costs us a lot of money.

I created this coupon:

Function type: Coupon
    Percent or amount: Amount
    Discount type: overall
    Value definition: 1-19.99;2-39.98;3-59.97;4-79.96;5-99.95;6-119.94;7-139.93;8-159.92;[qty_type=distinct]

In the Assets window I selected 8 products.

What happens? When Someone put in 8 products that are NOT of the selected products, they still get 159,92 euro discount.

So what happens? People select several low priced items (NOT the 8 items that I selected) and BAM, almost 160 euro discount.

Of course it's not their fault so they have products for nothing or even 1 or 2 cents.

So I am not sure what to do anymore. This is the second time that due to a bug we lose a lot of money.
    I am thinking of completely removing the AwoCoupon system from our three sites.

It LOOKS great and the possibilities are fantastic, but these kinds of bugs MUST be thoroughly tested and fixed before we can continue.

For now we remove AwoCoupon. Please keep me informed.

Kind regards,
    Maurice

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hi Maurice,

I am sorry to hear about your problems, but I dont know that there is a bug here. You have your discount type set to overall, so it discounts items that are in your cart, not necessarily on your product list:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/awocoupon-pro/coupons#discount-type
  • Default avatar
    paypal4    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Aah, so it was my mistake. I have checked what you said and saw that indeed I made that mistake. There's NO bug here. How could I have overlooked that.

I apologize for my previous e-mail, it was my mistake.

Kind regards,
    Maurice

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hi Maurice,

No problem. Glad it is solved.