• Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

hello
    i just bought Awopro 2 for hikashop
    installation OK no erors message
    hikashop awocoupon plugin published
    i follow the guide to create a BOGOF nothing happens...
    i try another coupon buy 20 get 50% on one, and, nothing happens...
    it's exactly like awopro did not installed.

can you help me please?

hikashop 2.1.3
    joomla 2.5.11
    PHP 5.4.20

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Try creating a very simple coupon code, 1% discount with no restrictions and see if that works.

Also you can go to Awocoupon->configuration->error messages and change the error messages to something identifiable to see where it is failing.
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

hello
    thx u for answer

simple 1% coupon doesn't work
    I changed each messages error, but there is no error messages displayed...

i tried to install awocoupon once again, but nothing changes still not working.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,
    fo
    Thanks for the access. I took a look and I do not see the coupon field within your shopping cart. So I assume you are trying to get the coupon code to work automatically? For that you would need to first add it to the automatic discount list:
    https://awodev.com/blog/create-automatic-discount-awocoupon-pro

I created a 1% coupon code, added it to the list and I saw the discount just fine on the front end.
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

thx u for answe seyi.

you're right i 'm looking to use automatic coupon, and now that works ;)

but is there a way to use many automatic coupons in the same time?

example:
    - buy 6 BMX get 50% on 1 BMX
    - buy 6 or more MTB get 6% (only on these)
    - buy 20 of ANYTHING get 50% on 1 BMX
    so if a customer buy 20 (6 BMX inside and 6 MTB) he can get 1 BMX for free + 6% on the 6 MTB

you know what i mean?
    is there possible to do this? if yes, i don't know how to do...
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

You can do it by creating all the coupons you want to automatically check, then create a parent coupon, add all the auto coupons and set process type to 'all that apply'. Then add the parent coupon to automatic discounts.
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

thx u seyi
    but that seem not working...i made 2 coupons added to automatic coupon :
    1/ buy 6BMX=1 more BMX for half price
    2/ buy 20 bike = 1 BMX for half price
    so I made a parent to include the 2 coupons and added it to automatic coupon
    then i bought 7 (6 BMX + 1 BMX for half price) and 15 (14 other bike + 1 BMX for half price) ... i should have 2 BMX at half price, but i only get one...
    any idea?

BTW, i'm looking for this:
    buy 6 BMX A or B or C (but at least 1 B and 1 C inside) and get 1 BMX A for half price.
    is there possible?

thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Looking at your automatic coupon list, you have multiple coupons there. As you know, the automatic discount will only work on the first found item that is relevant. In your list, you have the parent coupon orders as the last item, so it is never getting to that coupon. I have reordered it to be the first, it should work now.
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

you're right thk u seyi
    it was easy to fix, i should have known, sorry...

do you think it's possible to do this with awocoupon?
    buy 6 BMX A or B or C (but at least 1 B and 1 C inside) and get 1 BMX A for half price.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I can think of a way to do it, but it requires using a parent coupon. You cannot nest parent coupons, so you would not be able to add it to your master parent coupon.

In any case, to do it:
    Coupon A: Buy 6 (a, b, c) get 1 a half price
    Coupon B: function type coupon, value discount 0, select product B
    Coupon C: function type coupon, value discount 0, select product C
    Coupon D: function type parent, select coupons A, B, and C, and set process type to "ONLY if all apply"
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

hello
    about your answer on the MONDAY 10/07

i found something wrong:
    every 6 BMX = 50% on the 7
    every 20 of anything = 50% on 1 BMX

1 BMX= 99$

so if i order 22 BMX i should have 4X49,50$= 198$
    (3X6=18+3 -50%=21+1 -50%= 22 BMX must be ordered)

but the automatic coupon gives 194,63$
    and 195,03$ for 25... don't understand why...25 should add nothing more than 22 normally

could you tell me what is wrong?
    (i already put the 22 BMX on your basket to see it by yourself if you want)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

For multiple coupons, AwoCoupon processes coupons as they are entered, and keeps a rolling total, so no coupon can get more discount than is there.

So for example, if you entered a 10% discount on $100, you would receive a $10 discount. If you then enter a 20% discount coupon, AwoCoupon first subtracts the 10 and gives a discount, so it would be (100-10)*.2=18, for a total discount of $28, not $30.

The same principle applies to your coupon. In your case, the buy 6 get 1 is calculated first. So with 22 items:
    Original Total:
    3*49.5 + 19*99 = 2029.5
    Then the second coupon is calculated based on the new total:
    It first spreads the new total to all the products and the price of a single product becomes:
    2029.5/22 = 92.25
    The discount is thine 92.25/2 = 46.125

for a grand total of 2029.5-46.125 = 1983.375

• Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

hello seyi
    i understand that you said, it's right, but not for my case.
    50% of a product never change, whatever the quantity you add in the basket.
    so,i still not understand why it doesn't worked but i found the solution... i changed the coupon order in the parent menu selection and now that is working well.

your solution buy 6 (A-B-C but at least 1 B and C) get a discount works
    but like you said, need to create a parent coupon, so i must choose between this parent coupon and the other one (only the first one works...).
    there is not an update soon to fix this?
    either possibility to add parent coupon in another parent coupon or remove the ''only the first parent coupon works'' limitation, i don't understand why this limitation...
    what do you think about that?

thx u for support

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

For having parent within a parent, that probably will never be added. Can get into too many loops and seriously deteriorate the performance of the coupon function.

For being able to process more than one automatic coupon code, this is something that will probably be looked at. Can give the admin the option to set the number of automatic coupons that can be processed. This logic would require quite a large restructure of the way the coupon processing works, so this is not something to expect soon.
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

thx u for answer seyi
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

FYI, the ability to set the number of automatic discounts that can be processed has been added in the latest version of AwoCoupon pro, 2.2.3.
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

hello
    thx u for information
    I changed to 2.2.3 version and i have this problem:
    i made a Buy 6 (in BMX category) GET 1 (named outcast) at -67$
    result:
    when 6 bought i get 2 instead 1 (but only 1 at -67$) why?
    when i buy 12 i get 3 (only 1 at -67$)... why 3? and why doesn't make 134$ discount?
    your admin account still available (send last month in PM message) if you want to check by yourself.

BTW, do you think a prestashop version will be available soon?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Tried the admin account, it does not work.

Verify that the buy x get y coupon does not have the maximum discount limit set to 1, otherwise customer receives only 1 discount.

What are you referring to regarding prestashop?
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

hello
    no limits set
    i sent you PM with login account, pls check by yourself and tell me how to fix the problem
    thx u

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I see what you mean now. It is because you are using an amount discount. If you want the discounting to multiply everytime the requirements are reached the you would need to use a percentage discount.
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

hello
    right!!
    but every 6 bought, 2 get one discounted product are added to the basket instead of one (at least only one have the discount)... why 2 are added?
    exactly same problem with the buy 20 get 1 BMX discounted, it add 2 (one discounted include)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

You will need to change the 'percent or amount' field to percent to get it to work correctly. I will look into the amount field not discounting more than once for future updates.
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

thx you for answer
    i already changed amount by pourcent, that is now ok to have 2 or 3 time the discount
    but the problem that add 1 more product discounted still, i buy 6 i get 2 instead of 1 in the basket...
    try by yourself, you should understand the problem.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hi,

I tried to test it a couple times on Friday and also today and in all situations, when I click on the BMX category it times out. So figure there is something wrong with the user you created for me, tried to create a new one in the backend but dont have access. Maybe you can figure out what is wrong with my current user or create another one? Cant test it anonymous since add to cart only shows up when logged in.
  • Default avatar
    xavier    
     10 years ago

hi
    i send you a new account by PM
    thx u seyi