AwoCoupon Possibilities

• Default avatar
    osonabit    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I'd like know if awocoupon can help me with a problem that i have actually with bundle products before to buy it.

In my case, i have in virtuemart main products that is composed by to products. I have a boat dolly that is composed by 1 frame and 2 wheels. Frames and wheels are stockable products because it's the product that i really have, but people can buy boat dollies, that have a SKU and a special price.

Now i have a plugin in the product details page of the boats dollies, that when a customer buy 1 boat dolly, the plugin add 1 frame and 2 wheels to the cart, but i don't know how control the final price in the cart because the boat dolly price is a bit cheaper than 1 frame and 2 wheels, and in the cart i have no correct price of 1 frame + 2 wheels

The developer that make the plugin said to me that he can't control that with his plugin and he said to ask you about your plugin because he believe that with your plugin i can control the price of the cart when there are 1 frame and 2 wheels.

We have to consider that a costumer can buy 1 boat dolly = (1 frame + 2 wheels with cheaper price) and 4 more wheels a normal price. If he buys 2 boat dollies then it will be 2 frames + 4 wheels with cheaper price.

Here a let you some links to the boat dolly product details page where you can see what i'm explain about:

Boat dolly price: 1 frame + 2 wheels = 800.72€ (bundle price)

1 Frame Price: 597.82 €
    2 wheels price: 2 x 118.56€ = 237.12€
    Total in the cart: 597.82€ + 237.12€ = 834.94€ (I need that the final price for this bundle is 800.72€ with some kind of discount with your plugin)

Boat dolly: http://www.beachwheelseurope.com/en/component/virtuemart/dollies/wheeleez-boat-dolly-with-2-49cm-pu-wheels-detail?Itemid=0

Frame product detail page: http://www.beachwheelseurope.com/en/component/virtuemart/dollies/wheeleez-boat-dolly-frame-only-detail?Itemid=0

Wheel product detail page: http://www.beachwheelseurope.com/en/component/virtuemart/wheels/49cm-pu-beach-wheel-with-20mm-axle-opening-detail?Itemid=0

Sorry for my english, i hope you understand me.

Thanks.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I believe we have a solution for your specific need, but it is not by design, it is by luck. And if you had 3 different products or more, then it would not work. But since you have just 2 products, you can use the buy x get y coupon process.

Function Type > Buy X Get Y
    Coupon Code > any
    Published > Published
    Percent or Amount > Amount
    Value > 34.22
    Process Type > First found match
    Automatically add get y product to cart > No
    Buy X: 1 Frame Price
    Get Y: 2 Wheels

The order of the products could be flipped in the buy x get y. This means that for every 2 wheels and 1 Frame in the cart, there will be a discount of 34.22. So it does not matter if the customer adds the boat dolly or the items individually. You can then add it as an automatic coupon code:
    https://awodev.com/blog/create-automatic-discount-awocoupon-pro

If the bundle included 3 different products, then this process would not work. Please run a test on 2 on the demo site before making any decisions. And if you have any more questions, I can answer them.
  • Default avatar
    osonabit    
     10 years ago

Thanks for your quick answer.
    I test it in your demo site, and it worked fine, but i have some more questions.

1. I tested 2 frames and 4 wheels and in the cart only i got 1 discount, How can i get 1 discount for each bundle of 1 frame and 2 wheels?

2. I saw the discount in the cart, but without any description, and this it's a bit confusing for the customer, because i need something clear that the costumer understands that in the cart the prices of the frame and the wheels are normal price, and that he get a discount for this bundle. Is there any configuration to show some description?

3. You say your component can do that i want just by luck, not by design, and just for 2 different products, but can you guarantee me that this will work on future update of your module or some day can disappear just because it's not by design? Did you thing about to add this possibility in futures updates, and not just with 2 products, maybe with 3 or more products?.

Thanks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

The answers to your questions:
    1. I was wrong, you cannot use an amount discount, it would only discount once. If you want to discount for every set then you must use a percent discount.
    2. its not really advertised, but you can change the description in the front end of any coupon code. Within the notes field if you add the syntax {customer_display_text:your note} then "your note" will be added as the description. I have already done this in the coupon code you created so you can see
    3. Yes, this will always work, the Buy x get y functionality is not going anywhere. I believe the discount can also be created for 3 or more different products, the coupon code just gets alot more complicated.
  • Default avatar
    osonabit    
     10 years ago

Hi seyi,

I saw your changes in my coupon code, and i tried to put the real price of the frame and wheels and the real discount to check it. And i see that i receive a discount of 1.69€ when it should be 34.22€. What is wrong?

The percent discount is 4.09849%

Can you see what i did wrong?

Thanks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hi,

I see 9,72 € discount where the tax is 1,69 €.

You have to remember the type of coupon code you are using, which is Buy X Get Y. So what is being discounted is Y. In this case, Y is the wheel. So the discount is:
    237.12 * .0409849 = 9.72.

So to figure out the percentage, its 34.22/237.12 = 14.4315%

I have updated the coupon as such and see a 34.22€ discount in the front end.