Getting error message "Unknown column 'estore' in 'field list'" when trying to add new coupon

• Default avatar
    teainsider    
     10 years ago

Hi. When I try to create a new coupon with AwoCoupon 2.1.8 for my Joomla 2.5.9 web site I get the following message.

DB function failed with error number 1054
    Unknown column 'estore' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `db_awocoupon` (`id`,`estore`,`coupon_code`...

What do I have to do to solve this problem (assuming I can)?

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

It looks like the database is out of sync. Did you update from the free version?

I would need to know how your database is out of sync in order to fix it. If possible, can you pm me database access to have a look at it? If that is not possible, please access your database and run this command

show create table db_awocoupon;

Then pm me the results.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi

I've just ran an update on the pro version and I'm now getting the same error.
    I ran the query and got the following message... #1146 - Table 'teflshop.db_awocoupon' doesn't exist???

Everything was fine the last time I used it.
    Please I need to resolve this asap as it's is part of a larger 'wrong message' problem I posted some time ago.

Many Thanks

Anthony Clarke

ps here's the error message I'm getting when I try to add a new couple.

DB function failed with error number 1054
    Unknown column 'estore' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `lh3n4_awocoupon` (`id`,`estore`,`coupon_code`,`passcode`,`coupon_value_type`,`coupon_value`,`function_type`,`discount_type`,`user_type`,`published`) VALUES ('0','virtuemart','Book Discount','571bcf','amount','10','coupon','overall','user','1')
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

It looks like some of the database was not updated.

Please go to www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/mysql.sql

This will give you a full database schema. You just need to compare it to yours and then update what is not there.

If you prefer, I can do it for you if you pm temporary access.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

Many thanks, I'll take a look.
    I'll get back to you if I need assistance.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

Trying to run the sql as a qury and I'm getting:
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'int(16) NOT NULL auto_increment, `estore` enum('virtuemart','redshop','hikasho' at line 1

I'm doing this as it appears to be stopping me manually adding the extra columns to the table?

• Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

Sorry but also I don't have the file you mentioned. Mine is mysql.install.sql ?
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

When trying to upadte the table manually I get an error when trying to add an enum field?
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

OK I've amnaged to add the new fields to the table and it appears to be working. I was incorrectly adding the enum fields.
    Sorry for the stream of updates.

Many Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

ALTER TABLE #__awocoupon ADD COLUMN `estore` enum('virtuemart','redshop','hikashop') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'virtuemart';

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

yes, I meant mysql.install.sql