Is Hikaserial required to create single use coupon codes?

• Default avatar
    esses    
     10 years ago

Hello

I am currently using hikaserial to generate single use coupons based on a template such that each coupon is product specific and single use. (Perfect for groupon or other voucher based sales)

I am considering awocoupon so that I can accept multiple coupon codes simultaneously (multiple groupons can be redeemed in a single transaction).

I don't want to deploy unnecessary modules. Can awocoupon do all of the following independently or is hikaserial still required?

1) generate large number of 100% (by fixed vale not percentage) off coupons restricted by product
    2) accept multiple 100% coupons while still charging tax and shipping

If tax is not calculated on 100% coupon generated by awocoupon can the multiple coupon functionality be used with coupon generated by hikaserial?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Here is the answers to your questions:
    1) yes
    2) not sure what you mean. You can setup discounts to be before or after tax. on 100% coupon, there is no amount to calculate tax on.

AwoCoupon can be configured to work along site Hikashop coupons, so since hikaserial is generating coupons for hikashop, then the answer is yes.

You should try the functionality on the demo site. Let us know if you have more questions.
  • Default avatar
    esses    
     10 years ago

Thank you. Regarding taxes, local laws require tax be collected on the full retail value of an item. Not necessarily the discounted price. Is there a way to do this?

I will play with the demo.

If I am understanding there is no need to have hikaserial if using awocoupon. It appears that awocoupon replicates all functionality in hikaserial plus more. Is that correct?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hmm, interesting tax system.

Well as I understand it you are using fixed value coupons right? So you would set the value of the coupon for the price of the product excluding tax. Then in awocoupon, you set coupons to discount after tax. That way your tax calculation should still be preserved when you look at the order detail.