Upgrading Joomla 1.5 to 2.5

• Default avatar
    julian4    
     10 years ago

We are currently in the process of migrating a number of sites from joomla 1.5 to 2.5 and upgrading virtuemart at the same time. The current site we are migrating has awocoupons on the old site. We have got a new copy of AwoCoupon for the new site but we are trying to find the best way to get the coupons from the old database into the new database.

I'm hoping for some sort of partially automated process or at least some guidance towards creating a process/script to speed up this process. It's likely we will need to do it again with the latest changes when we are ready to go live, or again with other sites.

I'm thinking csv import, export might be able to get most of the data across. I did find some references to CSVI being able to do exports and imports of awocoupon so I am going to be chasing up that option in the meantime. Though I wonder if there are any potential dangers of some data not being ported across. Not particularly familiar with awocoupon itself I'm afraid.

Regards Nicholas Jephcott
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

There is no upgrade script from AwoCoupon 1 to 2. The main problem is when using Virtuemart update script, it changes every id from your vm1 to vm2 store. So the product_id's, the order_id's, the customer_ids, etc are not the same.

If you just want to update your coupons, this can be done pretty easily. You can export the data using awocoupon->reports. I think there is a 1 or 2 column difference in AwoCoupon 2, so just adding a blank column in the right spot will allow you to import the data. Please note, if you have customer, product, category, vendor, manufacturer, specific coupons, the ids will need to be fixed to match the vm2 version.