Display Coupon Name / Description in Cart + Coupon Should Be Displayed With Negative Value

• Default avatar
    marius    
     10 years ago

Dear Awo Team,

I have two problems with AwoCoupon that I hope you can help me with.

1. Right now once a coupon has been entered / added to the cart it only shows the value of the coupon, e.g. 35,00
    I tried to find a setting that let's me add a description or display the name of the coupon to the left of the discount value, e.g.:
    Candle discount 6,00
    Sign-Map Discount 36,90

Is there a setting where I can display either the name or the value of the coupon?

2. The value of the coupon is being displayed as positive value without any description next to it that is very confusing. Is there the possibility to put a "-" in front of the coupon value?

Thanks!

Robin
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Is this Virtuemart you are using? If so, problem number 2 is solved in the latest version of virtuemart, 2.0.22. For problem number 1, it should show the coupon name and then the value. If you are not seeing this, you likely have a template issue and would need to modify it.
  • Default avatar
    marius    
     10 years ago

Dear Seyi,

Ah, we are using VM 2.0.10 we can't update the version since we made some core hacks to it. Is there any way to include a line in the php code to show the negative value instead of the positive one?

From when we first installed AwoCoupon it didn't show the Coupon name. So, it has to do sth with the template? Which line takes care of showing the coupon description in the cart?

Best,

Robin
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

The file is located at:
    www/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php

Or if you are overriding it:
    www/templates/[your template]/html/com_virtuemart/cart/default_pricelist.php

You can search for coupon and add the negative in front. And you can also view that file to see why it is not showing up. If you have altered the virtuemart core file, make sure you download the original version so you can compare.