Deduce coupon value after use

• Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

Hi

I know this is probably a standard/simple thing but can anyone tell me how to set a coupon that deduces after use?
    ie If I setup and send out a coupon worth £20 and then use £10 of it's vaule on the first use, the next time the coupon is used only £10 will be available for use.

I did this on a £20 coupon and used £17 therefore only £3 should have been available for the next purchase but when I went back and tried on a £23.00 item with £3 shipping (total £26) It only charged me £6 thus giving me a full coupon discount of £20. In other words the coupon is not deducting after purchases.

I am correct in thinking it can do this?

If anyone can point me in the correct direction I will be very grathfull.

Many Thanks

Anthony Clarke
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

You can get this effect when you set the function type to gift certificate, instead of coupon.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

Many Thanks
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

Sorry just one other related question.
    Can the amount that is left on a coupon be viewed somehow? i.e. £20 coupon, spent £15 and in the admin area a remaining total of £5 is shown?

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

The balance of a gift certificate can be viewed in the backend in awocoupon->history of uses->gift certificate tab. Using AwoCoupon 2.2.0 or above, the customer can view their balance in the front end also under the awocoupon menu.
  • Default avatar
    simon29    
     10 years ago

Many Thanks