Wrong coupon calculation updating the quantity

• Default avatar
    lorenzo    
     10 years ago

I using Joomla 2.5.6, Virtuemart 2.0.0RC3 and AwoCoupon 2.2.0.
    I have a problem with the coupon "buy X get Y". I set that serve 3 items to get another one for free.
    If a user selects two different products, one with quantity 2, the coupon is activated correctly and is placed in the cart this item as a gift. However, if the user, after adding the product as a gift to your cart, change the quantity of the second article from 2 to 1, the sum of the products in your shopping becomes 2, below the minimum of the products to activate the coupon, but the product gift remains in the cart.
    How do I fix it? I've looked everywhere but I can not find a solution ...
  • Default avatar
    lorenzo    
     10 years ago

The bizarre thing I noticed also that the user can increase the number of products in gift, directly in the cart, regardless of the rules of the coupon.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

The only thing AwoCoupon can do is add the product to the cart when a buy x get y coupon has been accepted. It does not remove the product, if the requirements are not reached, nor will it limit the customer from buying more items of the gift. The only thing AwoCoupon will do if the requirements are not reached is remove the discount of the get y product.

I am not sure there are any extensions that can stop a user from updating the quantity in the cart. Virtuemart bonus might do it, but you should check with them directly to verify.
  • Default avatar
    robin7    
     10 years ago

Can't the update quantity button be set to update the coupon discount as well?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

The coupon discount is updated when:
    - product is added to the cart
    - product quantity is updated
    - product is deleted
    - customer logs in (if logged out)

In a default virtuemart shopping cart.