AwoCoupon Email test mail not sent

• Default avatar
    overmedia    
     10 years ago

Hello i have a problem i cannot seem to find written in the forum.

I have the AwoCoupon Email plugin and i am trying to sent a test mail, i have disabled coupon email for reviews and coupon email for orders and enabled only coupon email for registration.

Now i create a new user, select a past date and press sent email using AwoCoupon Profile i get this

Registration: Could not send test message: Profile email not sent
    Review: Could not send test message: Misconfiguration or not Enabled
    Order: Could not send test message: Misconfiguration or not Enabled

BUT if i select a Joomla Article instead of AwoCoupon Profile the email is sent just fine.

It only does it with Awoprofile.

What am i missing? please help
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

What versions of AwoCoupon and AwoCoupon Email are you using?

So the only difference is selecting a profile over an article? Maybe there is a problem with that specific profile, have you tried multiple profiles just to make sure?
  • Default avatar
    overmedia    
     10 years ago

Hello seyi ,

Yes i have tried multiple templates and even creating a new one.

AwoCoupon version 2.0.9
    AwoCoupon Email version 2.0.4
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I see the problem now, those 2 versions are incompatible for sending the profile email. You have 2 options, upgrade to the latest version of AwoCoupon Pro or modify some of the code to get it to to work. Either software can be modified, but I will give the modification for AwoCoupon Email:

in www/plugins/system/awocouponEmail/awocouponEmail.php, around line 629 is this
    <?php

return awoLibrary::profile_sendEmail($send_user,array($coupon_row),$profile,$dynamic_tags,true);
    ?>

Change it to this
    <?php

return awoLibrary::profile_sendEmail($send_user->email,array($coupon_row),$profile,$dynamic_tags,true);
    ?>

That should fix the problem.
  • Default avatar
    helena1    
     10 years ago

I am experiencing the same problem.
    My settings: only for registerd, I am using Email Profile (not article), althou it is the same error with article.
    I have Awo pro along with this (latest version) and I am using system email for Test emails.
    Vm version 2.0.22c, Joomla! 2.5.14

When trying to send test mail I get this error:
    Registration: Could not send test message: No new registrations found.
    Review: Could not send test message: Misconfiguration or not Enabled
    Order: Could not send test message: Misconfiguration or not Enabled

I tryed with above correction that you suggested, but as a result there was only blank page when I opened plugin settings, so I had to reinstall it....

Interesting thing is that I get this error only in test mode, but when I send to all others (test mode NO) - coupons arrived. Since I am making customization on profile I need test mode to work as well.
    Please help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Need to figure out the error you are getting. Go to global configuration and:
    - set debug mode to yes
    - set error reporting dropdown to maximum

Then load the page again, you should see some type of error.
  • Default avatar
    helena1    
     10 years ago

Emm.. I enabled Debug mode in Joomla, but I dont see no awo coupon problems if I open Front page. I dont know what do you mean with "set error reporting dropdown to maximum"? If you mean I should look into every debug category, than yes I did that, but as far as I understand plugin is working in the back, so there should be no errors in individual pages?

Maybe some PM with joomla admin info for you would do the trick (if you are willing)?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Yes please, pm temporary access and I can have a look.