10 years ago

Details:
    Joomla: 2.5.9
    Virtuemart: 2.0.14
    AwoCoupon: 2.1.9
    Payment Gateway: PayPal (Legacy)
    Using One-Page Checkout

Issue:
    Correct Total Price in Cart but after going to PayPal, total is different (not reflecting discount used with coupon set up).

Tests:
    #1: Using One-page Checkout, created a purchase of a discounted item through the store. Store total reflect correct price that includes the discount. When confirming purchase by going to PayPal, total in PayPal is different from total in cart in store.

#2: Created a purchase of an item that did not have a coupon discount. Total purchase in cart is correct. Total forwarded to PayPal is correct amount.

#3: Disabled One-page Checkout and ran test again purchasing a discounted item. Discount coupon did not process in the cart automatically as it is set up to do in AwoCoupon.

Please help solve the issue as to why the total from cart with the use of a discount coupon is contrary to the total in PayPal. This issue is affecting the sales of an ecommerce site.

Why will correct total not forward to PayPal?

If it helps, coupon settings are:

Buy X Get Y
    Coupon Code: misc985833
    Published
    Percent
    Percent Amount: 100.0000
    First Found Match
    Per Customer: 1 #
    Minimum Value: Overall
    Max Discount Amt. 1
    Automatically Add to Cart 'Get Y' product: checked

BUY X:
    Number: 1
    Type: Product
    ID: 5 Product: product name
    Include

GET Y:
    Number: 1
    Type: Product
    ID: 5 Product product name
    Include

Function Type: Parent
    Coupon Code: anothercode
    Published
    First Found Match

Number of Uses: 2 per customer

Coupons:
    ID: 4 Name: misc985833

Thank you.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Interested in number 3. What happens when you disable one page and use a discount coupon code? Is the correct total forwarded to paypal?
  • Default avatar
    toad78    
     10 years ago

A. The automatic discount code (no manual coupon code is required to be entered) does not work when One-Page is disabled. The discount should automatically apply without the coupon code, which is the way it seems to work correctly with One-Page Checkout enabled.

B. "Is the correct total forwarded to Paypal?". Since the coupon doesn't seem to work when One-Page is disabled, whatever total (in this case the incorrect total) is in the cart does post to PayPal.

We would like to continue to use One-Page Checkout for it's convenience and we know that it works since items that are not having an automatic coupon applied does post the correct total in both the cart and PayPal. It is only when products that have a coupon applied that the cart total and PayPal total are different.

I hope there's a solution. I noticed in older posts that this problem happened with VM1, but there doesn't seem to be anything in regards to VM2.

I would attach screenshots, but there doesn't seem to be the ability to do so here. Is there a way to get on Skype or email the screenshots to progress a solution to the issue?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Ok, if the coupon code does not work automatically when you turn off one page, can you manually add it and checkout as normal to paypal? I do not think it is a onepage problem, more likely the payment plugin problem, but just want to verify it before proceeding further.
  • Default avatar
    toad78    
     10 years ago

I'll do that later this evening and make contact with you one way or the other.

Thank you.
  • Default avatar
    toad78    
     10 years ago

This is the test performed:

I disabled One-Page Checkout
    I enabled VM to accept coupon usage

In the front-end, I went through and added an item that has the automatic discount applied. Within the cart, the discount already applied, but since VM had the coupon text box, I entered in the coupon code anyways. After entering in the code, I received the message "Discount Coupon successfully added", which didn't make a difference since the automatic coupon already applied prior to entering it. The correct price was displayed.

I go to Checkout, Step 2 of the Checkout requested account shipping information. Since I already had an account, I logged in. After logging in, I went back to my cart. It is here that I noticed that no discount was applied to the product that was applied before. I entered the coupon code in the textbox, no change in the product's price.

Proceeding with checkout, the non-discounted price forwarded correctly to PayPal.

Obviously there still is a problem after a user logs into the system and the price is changed.

What do we do now?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Not sure why it would be removed once logged in. The only reason I can think of is if the coupon has user number of uses restrictions, and after logging in, sees that the user has reached or surpassed the limit so the coupon is automatically removed. Could this be the case?

If you need further look into it, I would have to directly look at it. Please send me a private message with temporary ftp and admin access and I can look into it.
  • Default avatar
    toad78    
     10 years ago

I updated the OPC and am still experiencing something odd. The coupon works and the correct price gets posted to PayPal if I'm a new customer. BUT, if I'm already a customer and have an account on the selling website, I log in using my username and password and am rerouted back to the cart page only to be presented with the incorrect price of the product that is to have an automated discount.

Another odd anomaly is if I 'Cancel' my order in PayPal (checking out as a new customer) and am rerouted back to the seller's site, the incorrect price posts in the cart (no discount applied).

The coupon does have restrictions on usage but if I have never used it, why would it reset the pricing after I've logged in? or after I've canceled the order?

I'll PM you and send you the necessary info.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Very confused now. So it was a onepage problem? I thought you received the same errors without one page?

For the oddity, it is not really an oddity, it is how the system works. Once the customer clicks the confirm button, the order is created and the coupon is marked as used. You can see this by going to awocoupon->history, and also the order list in the back end. If the customer cancels and comes back, they are coming back to a new order, have to reenter the coupon code.
  • Default avatar
    toad78    
     10 years ago

I'm thinking it's a combination of both. I've been communicating to both you and OPC regarding the issue in hopes that we can figure out what the problem is since it happens during the chart checkout process.

"If the customer cancels and comes back, they are coming back to a new order, have to reenter the coupon code.": With that point being made, I went back to remove myself from the AWO History and went through the cart 'purchase' again. I get up to the checkout page, log into my account via the Account login and noticed that when the cart page refreshed it did display the correct discounted amount. So with that part of the issue, I'd say it was a History problem. So I reset the coupon to be Unlimited, removed myself from History, cleared cache in both browser and back end and went through the process of checking out, which it worked. BUT! When I was in PayPal and canceled the order, the same problem presented itself in the cart when PayPal routed me back--the incorrect price displayed. The coupon should still be able to be used if an order has been canceled and the coupon is set to 'Unlimited', especially if it's automated shouldn't it?

Is there a way to get around this?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I tested this situation on a VM 2.0.14, AwoCoupon 2.1.9, no one page installed, and it works fine. It sounds like a problem within onepage, not reloading the coupon code automatically when the payment is cancelled from paypal.