Gift Certificate - Can not select a product

• Default avatar
    penelope    
     10 years ago

Hi!

I am trying to make a gift certificate, following the "Sell Gift Certificates online in your Virtuemart Store", I made a new product then the coupon as described, and then tried to make the gift certificate. But when I type some letters I find the product, but can not selected.

Joomla 2.58 - VM 2.0.20b

Please advice
    Regards,
    Penelope
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Just so I understand, when you type the first few letters, you receive a dropdown of the products. You select the product you want, but it is not added to the field? Is this correct? Also what internet browser are you using?
  • Default avatar
    penelope    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Yes correct, that's the problem. I am using Firefox 21.0. I also tried with IE

Penelope
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I tested this feature with firefox 21.0 and I am not having any problems. I wonder if it is an error specific to your website. If you can provide temporary admin access, through private message, I can take a look.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Ok, found the problem, there is a jquery conflict.

AwoCoupon loads jquery 1.8.3 and also jquery-ui. There is a plugin that later loads jquery 1.6.4. I believe this is where the conflict is. In your case, I found the system plugin jmproductimport is loading jquery 1.6.4 on every page of the admin section. After disabling this plugin, selecting a product when creating a gift certificate worked without any problems. I have re-enabled the plugin.
  • Default avatar
    penelope    
     10 years ago

Hi!

Thank you! for your support Seyi.

I will contact the jm product import plugin developers and let them know about this conflict. Anyway I will disable it for now, as we mostly need AWO Coupon in our website.

Great support for an excellent product!
    Regards,
    Penelope