Changing carrier shipping coupon disappear

• Default avatar
    utam42    
     10 years ago

Hi to all,

I am using prestashop 1.4 and i have create a shipping coupon but it create problem.

For example we have three carrier carrier1,carrier2.carrier1 is the default carier.Now i have select the assert from adminpanel carrier1.When applying coupon from front end its works well but now i have change the carrier to carrier2 which does not have coupon it delete the voucher from the cart now i want to change back the carrier to carrier1 doing so it does not apply coupon to carrier1 after changing.

thanks

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

What version of prestashop is this? I tested it in version 1.4.8 and it works fine. Also maybe you can send me the coupon code to test on your site? You can send a private message.
  • Default avatar
    utam42    
     10 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

I am using prestashop 1.4.7. Hopefully you will understand my problem so i am explaining here too.

I have for example two carrier mycarrier1 and mycarrier2.mycarrier1 is the default carrier. Now i have create a shipping coupon with asset mycarrier1.

At front end i apply the coupon on cart page coupon apply successfully.Now i move forward to carrier page and i change the carrier to mycarrier2 which does not have coupon.Coupon disappeard its fine . But now i want to select the mycarrier1 again when i am doing this coupon does not appear again instead i have to go back to cart page to apply coupon.

I want to apply coupon while changing the coupon if that carrier has any coupon associated with it.

thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Yes, I understand now. That is the correct functionality of a coupon code. After you change the option in the shopping cart that required the coupon code, the code is removed from memory. If the customer decides to add the item that requires the coupon code again then they will need to add the coupon code again. This would work the same for products also. If you test prestashop coupons, this is also exactly how they behave. It is on the customer to re-add the coupon code.