Error to send emails

• Default avatar
    armando    
     10 years ago

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with the gift card certificate because when I confirm the order the email is not sent. There is an error message saying that email function can not be initialized.

Seems that the problem is in this pice of code

function &Send()

{

if ( ( $this->Mailer == 'mail' ) && ! function_exists('mail') )

{

return JError::raiseNotice( 500, JText::_('MAIL_FUNCTION_DISABLED') );

}

@ $result = parent::Send();

if ($result == false)

{

// TODO: Set an appropriate error number

$result =& JError::raiseNotice( 500, JText::_($this->ErrorInfo) );

}

return $result;

Regards
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Is this a recent problem? Recently upgrade? what version of AwoCoupon are you using?
  • Default avatar
    armando    
     10 years ago

Hi,

It is a new problem for me but is the first time that I intend to use this feature (gift certificate). I'm using the versión Versión: 1.5.1 pro with Joomla 1.5.20 and VirtueMart 1.1.5

Regards
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Ok, so to fully understand the problem. The gift certificate emails are not being mailed out but you are receiving order confirmation/status emails?

AwoCoupon uses the mail setting you setup in backend->global configuration. Are these settings up to date?
  • Default avatar
    armando    
     10 years ago

Hi, yes I'm receiving the order confirmation/status emails from VirtueMart/Joomla.

This is the global configuration that I'm using:

Email configuration:

email program : PHP email function

Sender email: ventas@bebetoto.com.mx
    Name: Bebé To-Tó
    Sendmail path: /usr/sbin/sendmail
    SMTP No
    SMTP Security None
    SMTP Port 25
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Yes, that seems normal. Is it possible to get temporary admin access to have a look? If so send me a private message.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I took a look and found the problem. It does not seem to be related to AwoCoupon at all. I did some debugging on the mailing itself, and it just would not send the profile. So I changed the profile to the text profile (no image, no html). And the email was sent without any problems. It looks like there might be some type of restriction in sending emails with images on your server.