Coupon Used with Hikashop/Alphauser Points

• Default avatar
    emmanuel1    
     10 years ago

Hi,

I've set up a free shipping coupon and it works. In Hikashop users can redeem their reward points at checkout to reduce payment but it does not work in conjunction with the free shipping coupon. How can this work together? There is no code entered for user points, it's a radio button selection along with PayPal.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I am unfamiliar with how alphauserpoints at checkout work in hikashop. Can you explain? Is it a payment method or sorts?
  • Default avatar
    emmanuel1    
     10 years ago

Hi,

It's considered a payment option via a plugin from alphauserpoints for hikashop. So if you have points, it appears below the PayPal payment option if you want to use your points to pay.

So when I put in the Free Shipping coupon code in hikashop, it deducts the shipping price okay, but when I select points for payment there is no adjustment to the price.

OR it works if:

I set the alphauserpoints plugin to use points for shipping cost, if you have enough points, it works this way. But I'd perfer not to use points for shipping.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Ok, I have time to look at this. What version of hikashop is this? Can you give your options of how you setup the alphauserpoints plugin for hikashop? If you prefer, you can send temporary admin access by private message and I can view it myself.
  • Default avatar
    emmanuel1    
     10 years ago

Thanks, PM sent with login. I have hikashop 2.1.2.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Ok, I took a look at the logic and there is really only one mode that will work with AwoCoupon. If you have Virtual coupons set to "No", then alphauserpoints tries to use the hikashop coupon system to discount the order. This does not work because AwoCoupon already has control of the coupon system and so the points would never be deducted. The only mode that works with AwoCoupon is if you set alphauserpoints virtual coupons to "Yes". In this case, alphauserpoints creates a virtual coupon, not within the hikashop coupon system, and this is used to discount the order. The drawback to this is the customer cannot select if or not they would like to use their points. They are automatically forced to use their points if any exists.
  • Default avatar
    emmanuel1    
     10 years ago

Okay, I will consider using virtual coupon. It all works until the information is passed to PayPal and then the points are removed, but the free shipping remains. I will check the settings. Thanks for looking at this, I appreciate it.