Referral or Affiliate

• Default avatar
    shonn    
     10 years ago

I offer 1 product at one price and sold in any quantity the client chooses. Its my goal to encourage (bribe) clients to tell their friends and be motivated to do so. It would also be nice if this system would be useable by "salespeople" to keep track of their efforts.

I do not see any demo examples for your referral or affiliate programs.

I assume referral is more for friends to share and affiliate is a more structured business platform.

Question 1.) Are there demos available I can see with these in action? Test servers?

2.) Do you recommend a site install both and manage both for dual separate purposes?

3.) Should I get one and merely have you customize it to work for both needs?

Thank you
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello

1) demo site:
    http://demo.awocoupon.com
    http://demo.awocoupon.com/administrator
    Has AwoAffiliate and AwoReferral there for testing

2) Both can be installed and managed, they do have different purposes

3) I would recommend first playing with both to see what is offered and if it fits with what you want.
  • Default avatar
    shonn    
     10 years ago

The affiliate is more of interest and appropriate to me it seems but i see no functions working in the demo. All affiliate related links take me to index page. No where to sign up to be affiliate and in backend no way to add an affiliate. Please provide further example as i certainly need a method to encourage others to sell my product.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

The front end links are for logged in affiliates to view their account history. If you are not logged in or not an affiliate, you will be forwarded back to the home page. the page to be forwarded to is configurable in awoaffiliate->configuration.

There is no front end screen to shing up to be automatically an affiliate, this is and administrative task. To set up an affiliate to go awoaffiliate->coupons->add new.
  • Default avatar
    shonn    
     10 years ago

Ill post here for others to see, I was able to get the affiliate demo to work but as it requires a coupon, is there a method of tracking available that is cookie based versus coupons based as i do not currently display any coupon redemption options.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

This affiliate program is really a specific one triggered based on the coupon code. It sounds like this would not work for your shop. There are other affiliate extensions in the joomla directory for cookie based tracking.