no emails being sent

• Default avatar
    elle16    
     11 years ago

Hi there,
    I've installed AWOcoupon free & purchased and installed AWO coupon email. I would like to give customers 20% discount after registering on the site.
    I have created a coupon in AWOCoupon, name: 20news, published, percent, overall, 20, 1 per customer.
    system-awocoupon email is enabled.
    in test mode when trying to send a test: error_test_mode
    Enable coupon email on registration: yes
    Start date: 20th of March 2013
    coupon template: 20news
    expires in: 14 days (hope this is from receiving the coupon, not from start date?)
    exclusive to customer: no
    Joomla article: created article 'your lush plants coupon' and selected in template
    email account setting: use default joomla email address.
    No emails are being sent. Test mode doesn't work. Could you please help me fix this?
    Kind regards, El
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

When you enable test mode and try to send, it actually looks for real orders based on your settings that are valid. So have you had any registrations starting march 20? For testing purposes, try moving the process start date back to see if it finds other orders.

And yes, for Expiration, it will expire 14 days after the customer receives the coupon code.
  • Default avatar
    elle16    
     11 years ago

Thanks Seyi,
    I registered a few times, under different email addresses, and confirmed the accounts, but no discount coupon.
    Am I supposed to select the customers on the customer list manually or something?
    If so, how would it work automatically?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Can you pm me temporary admin access to have a look?
  • Default avatar
    elle16    
     11 years ago

Thank you Seyi!
    Turns out the problem was in our website - I manually confirmed my account in user manager, and voila! I received an email with the coupon code.
    Unfortunately the coupon code does not work in checkout 'coupon code not found'....
    Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Try going to awocoupon->configuration->error messages and changing the messages to something identifiable, then try the code in the front end again to see why it is failing.
  • Default avatar
    elle16    
     11 years ago

Thanks.
    I can't seem to go to configuration 'pro version only'.
    I can see 2 coupon codes there, 20news (which I set up) and an automatically created coupon, which I received in the email.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Ok, what are the details of the coupon code causing problems? Also what version of Virtuemart are you using?
  • Default avatar
    elle16    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi,
    Thank you once again.
    The coupon codes now seem to work, however the following errors come up.
    I'm using vm 2.0.20b
    Which details of the coupon?

*Notice*: Undefined index: billSub
    > in*/home2/lushplan/public_html/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/vm_coupon.php* on
    > line*339*
    >
    > *Notice*: Undefined index: billTaxAmount
    > in*/home2/lushplan/public_html/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/vm_coupon.php* on
    > line*340*
    >
    > *Notice*: Undefined index: billTotal
    > line*341*
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

That is quite an old version of AwoCoupon you are using. Vm 2.0.20 has changed things around again. You can go to that file and those specific lines and comment them out.
  • Default avatar
    elle16    
     11 years ago

Thank you, that's done & removed the error
    But I now get a 'required field missing' in checkout...
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

AwoCoupon does not check any field to see if they are required. It must be something else causing the problem.