Coupon not foun

• Default avatar
    lerzah    
     14 years ago

I installe awocoupon, created a new coupon code for two products. When users are entering the coupon it tells them "coupon code" not found. Please help

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     14 years ago

Did you setup the coupon within virtuemart?  If so that is the wrong place.  Login as an admin and go to components->awocoupon and setup the codes there.  all codes within the virtuemart system will not work.  Let me know if you are still having problems.

• Default avatar
    candice    
     14 years ago

I've having the same issue. The coupon is set up in AWO Coupon and I had successful install. I even checked to make the the code that is added manually for unsuccessful install are indeed there.

I keep getting the message "Coupon code not found. Please try again."
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     14 years ago

Ok, without knowing exactly how you setup the coupon its impossible to tell you what the problem is. There are 2 things you can try.

1) go into admin screen, awocoupon and setup an absolute generic coupon. So only fill in the coupon code and the value field. Then try it, that should work for anybody, whether logged in or not.

2) if you are a programmer and know your way around the code, open this file: www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/assets/virtuemart/ps_coupon_process.php. In the function return_false($message) change

<?php
    $GLOBALS
    ['coupon_error'] = $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_COUPON_CODE_INVALID');
    ?>

to
    <?php
    $GLOBALS
    ['coupon_error'] = $message;
    ?>

This will display the exact error message you are receiving when entering an invalid code, instead of the generic.

• Default avatar
    candice    
     14 years ago

Maybe I was too sleepy and made some user errors because everything works flawlessly! Thanks for the help and great component :)
  • Default avatar
    theimrankhan    
     14 years ago

Hi
    I have installed the file and as per instruction I was trying to change the code but the com_virtualmart directory in my component directory. Instead i have a com_awocoupon directory and there is no "classes" directory as well.. I am sorry but having difficulty installing.

Can you please help ..
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     14 years ago

The classes directory does not exist inside com_awocoupon. You should have a www/administrator/component/com_virtuemart/classes directory if you have virtuemart installed.
  • Default avatar
    eradio    
     13 years ago

I can only use coupons when logged in, but Virtuemart Coupon entry is before login prompt. Is there a way to move coupon entry in this process to after user is required to login, or move login requirement. Or actually make coupon work without having to login?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     13 years ago

Hello, to only show the coupon box after logging in, you would have to edit some vm files, somewhere in root/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates, assuming you are using the default template.

If you want coupons to be valid without the user being able to log in, then you cannot do 2 thing when setting up coupons:
    1) do not choose any customers from the customer field
    2) Function Type=Coupon and Number of uses!=0. For this case, the user has to be logged in so we can keep track of the number of times the user uses the coupon.

If you avoid both of those situations, the coupon will work without being logged in.
  • Default avatar
    Bea    
     11 years ago

Seyi,

My coupon only works when I create generic coupon (coupon code and the value field). If I want coupon code to apply to a specific product but available to all website visitors (Customers is not selected) it does not work.

I am using the free version

Also, Function Type = Coupon is fixed and I cannot change. Should this be fixed?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Do you have number of uses set per customer?
  • Default avatar
    Bea    
     11 years ago

No.

Just Code Name and amount (20) percentage.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Not sure then. I have no reported cases of simple coupons not working. The only thing I can do is look at your setup. can you please send me temporary admin access through private message? Also need to know the code that is causing problems.
  • Default avatar
    Bea    
     11 years ago

Seyi.

I am going to purchase the pro version this week and if I have problems I will let you know

Thank you for your help.