Free shipping

• Default avatar
    mbrando    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I've reviewed the AWOcoupon Pro and see it can create free shipping coupons. Is there a way to allow free shipping with in one coupon? Ny understanding is that a site visitor would have to enter 2 coupons one for the discount on the product and one for the free shipping (or discounted shipping).

I have a client that I'm converting from VM 1.18 and target coupon. They have many coupon codes that are still active with free shipping.

Short of that AwoCoupon for Virtuemart does all the right stuff.

Any ideas or thoughts on a work around?

I was think of this but it seems messy for the person at check and may be confusing for them.

Create a matching free shipping promo code for each promo that employs free shipping. For example if promo code C11-5101-16338 we would create a shipping promo code C11-5101-16338-FS and place a statement in the check out area that says, "If your promo code is eligible for free shipping add '-FS' to your promo code like this 'Promo-Code-FS'. In the even of an error your promo code does not support free shipping."

I was hoping for a more elegant solution.

- Thanks, Mike
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello Mike,

You can set up a coupon code that discounts products and also gives free shipping in 1 coupon code. In AwoCoupon you would need to create a parent coupon. Here is the idea:

- coupon A: normal coupon - discount 10% of products
    - coupon B: shipping coupon- discount 100% off shipping
    - coupon C: parent coupon - Add coupons A and B to this coupon and select a process type of 'All that apply'

Then you would give out coupon C to customers.

• Default avatar
    mbrando    
     11 years ago

Hello Seyi,

Oh, Very nice! I think we can work with that.

Thanks, Mike
  • Default avatar
    mbrando    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I just bought the pro version, plugged in the license key and it says I own a license payment??

Expiration: 2013-04-01 15:37:31 ยป Make license Permanent

So the $59.99USD does not even give me 30days support?

- Mike
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

You always get support (through the forums).

You also have 1 year free updates.

And you can make your license permanent any time. Here is more on how it works:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/frequently-asked-questions#licensing
  • Default avatar
    mbrando    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I'm still not real clear on how this licensing works. So if I'm a client server like

http://www.example.com/beta

and we are working here. I should leave the 14 license in place. When we go live and bring the beta site up to the live root:

http://www.example.com/

I can request a permanent license?

Does that sound right?

- Mike
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Sounds right. Note you create the permanent license yourself when ready:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/frequently-asked-questions#license-permanent
  • Default avatar
    mbrando    
     11 years ago

Hello,

I'm now trying to setup the above scenario. To be clear most of the free shipping items are gift certificates.

So I create a gift certificate and a shipping certificate. Then tried to add them to a parent coupon. The gift certificate would not show as a selectable item in the coupon list of children.

So Instead created a coupon with total 1 use and that showed up in the coupon list of children for the parent.

That seemed to work.

So now All I need is to figure out how to setup the import file with parent and children configurations.

- Mike
  • Default avatar
    mbrando    
     11 years ago

Hi,

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

- Mike
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hi,

You can run a report
    awocoupon->reports->coupon list->run report

Then click the excel button to export to a csv file. You now have a template for importing.
  • Default avatar
    mbrando    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thank you, You seem to have all the answers. ;)

Thanks, Mike