[Resolved] Shipping stripped at checkout when coupon applied

• Default avatar
    brendon0    
     11 years ago

We're using Redshop, and it seems like whenever a coupon is applied in the cart the shipping value on the checkout page disappears. It's there when you proceed to PayPal and is counted toward the total, but it's a little confusing for buyers at the moment when the two pages aren't the same.

Is there anything we can do to make sure the shipping amount shows up when a coupon is applied?

Thanks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

What version of redshop is this?
  • Default avatar
    brendon0    
     11 years ago

It's version 1.1.2. I should mention that the same error occurs when using Redshop coupons, but we didn't start to notice it until after the Awo Coupon component was installed.

Cheers.
  • Default avatar
    brendon0    
     11 years ago

I just uninstalled Awo Coupon and tested the checkout using Redshop coupons and everything worked perfectly. After reinstalling Awo Coupon I tested it again and the shipping cost bug showed up again. So that pretty much confirms that it does indeed have something to do with the Awo Coupon component.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Did you mean redshop 1.1.20? Because 1.1.2 is rather old.
  • Default avatar
    brendon0    
     11 years ago

Yeah, sorry. We're on the latest version.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Ok, so I have the latest, redshop 1.1.20, and the latest AwoCoupon, 2.1.7, and I tried replicating this problem but cannot. The shipping shows correctly using coupons from AwoCoupon or Redshop.

As I cant produce it locally, the only thing I can do is look at your configuration. If you would like me to do that please send a private message with temporary admin and ftp access to debug it.
  • Default avatar
    brendon0    
     11 years ago

Thanks for fixing this Seyi. In case anyone else runs across this error, here is Seyi's response:

"The problem is solved. It happens because AwoCoupon and Redshop are basically trying to update the same session variables at the same time. I have updated AwoCoupon so this does not happen."