Issues with Automatically add to cart 'Get Y' product feature

• Default avatar
    barbara4    
     11 years ago

I recently purchase AwoCoupon Pro, and have been working to get it setup and running. Specifically I want to get it setup for a Buy X get Y coupon in which a customer that buys a certain book, gets the eBook of that title for free. We would like the eBook added to the cart when they add the book to the cart, and have it all happen automatically.

At the moment I can't get the coupon code to work automatically or otherwise.

I am running Joomla 2.5.8, HikaShop 1.6, and AwoCoupon 2.1.5. We are looking to move to HikaShop 2.0, but haven't done so yet.

Is there anything special that I need to do to get this working? Do you have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

How did you set up the coupon, did you check the box that says 'automatically add to cart get y product'?
  • Default avatar
    barbara4    
     11 years ago

Sorry. I didn't get an email that you responded to this issue.

I am still having issues. I do have the 'automatically add to cart get y product' checkbox checked. I have tried setting up the coupon as an automatic coupon, and as not automatic. The automatic coupon never triggers, and if I enter the coupon code manually, it won't recognize the coupon code. It always says "The coupon you entered is not valid".

Is there a trick to get this setup?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Is the AwoCoupon plugin enabled? If not, coupon codes will not work in your shop.
  • Default avatar
    barbara4    
     11 years ago

Yes. It is enabled.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

try going to awocoupon->configuration->error mesages and setting them to something identifiable and try the coupon in the front end again. Should see why its failing. This is the last idea I have so if it does not work, please send temporary admin/ftp access through private message and I can have a look.
  • Default avatar
    barbara4    
     11 years ago

Well I have no idea why, but it suddenly started to work. The correct product is automatically added to cart at checkout. I guess I am all set now. I will post again if I run into another issue.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

glad to hear it.