How can I exclude exisitng customers.

• Default avatar
    Andrew-Watson    
     11 years ago

Hi.

This might be useful for a number of people. I am trying to make a coupon valid for the first purchase only.

At the moment I am making a "one use" coupon.

Because my existing customers have already made a purchase, they need to be excluded from being allowed to use this coupon. Is there a way to do that?

I see that you can add them, but I want the coupon available to all, EXCEPT existing customers. You must have used some kind of flag to show whether a person has used the coupon or not, I just need to turn it on.

I would also suggest you add an "exclud" button in future versions (beside the "add" button) which would have this effect.

Or do you have a different solution?

Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

With the current version of AwoCoupon 2, you can exclude certain customers/chopper groups.
  • Default avatar
    marta0    
     11 years ago

Does that mean the version for Joomla 1.5 cannot do it?

It will be months before we can upgrade joomla... I really hope not.
  • Default avatar
    Andrew-Watson    
     11 years ago

Is there a workaround for version 1? I am right in saying that only version 1 will work with Joomla 1.5, right?

Could I somehow manually mark them as having already used the coupon (we don't have many customers)?

Th trouble is the customers, they already make multiple accounts to try and get discounts and I know when I make a new coupon they will find it and try it too. The problem is that we loose money on our offer in order to get people to learn about our store.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

----An example might be a phpmyadmin command to change the filed in the database which marks the customer as having used the coupon. I just need to know which field a the correct value (unless you have a better idea).
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

You can manually mark a customer as using a coupon code in the interface, within
    admin->awocoupon->history of uses, select the 'new' button

To do it in the database you would need to add a new row to the following table for each customer:
    #__awocoupon_user_uses
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

The development for Virtuemart 1 is being faded out. It would work with Joomla 1.5 on Virtuemart 2.