Parent function

• Default avatar
    bc2007    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Can you please give me more information about the options of PARENT ?
    I do not know wich one to choose to do it right.

If you tell me what 1 - 5 will do exactly than I can make my configuration better I think.

PARENT
    Only used with function type 2 of Parent
    This option allows you to join multiple coupons into one coupon by adding them as assets.
    When a customer uses a parent coupon, then depending on the process type (see below) the coupon is processed as such.
    Options (Process type):

1. First found match
    2. Lowest value coupon
    3. Highest value coupon
    4. All that apply
    5. ONLY if all apply
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

1-5 is how the coupons within the parent coupon is processed. So lets say you choose 'lowest value coupon' it will calculate all the coupons you have added to the parent coupon separately and give the discount which is the lowest to the customer.

If you have a specific question about one of the options, let me know,and I can answer it.
  • Default avatar
    bc2007    
     11 years ago

Hello Seyi,

Thanks for this answer.

Can you please describe all the other process option like you do with
    the 'lowest value coupon' :
    it will calculate all the coupons you have added to the parent coupon separately and give the discount which is the lowest to the customer.

than I know wich one, when to use.
    I miss that information in the documentation.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

1. First found match - gives the discount of the first coupon that the user qualifies for, you have the ability to order the coupons so that they are processed in a certain order
    2. Lowest value coupon - gives the discount of the highest value coupon the customer qualifies for
    3. Highest value coupon - gives the discount of the lowest value coupon the customer qualifies for
    4. All that apply - gives the discount of all the coupons the customer qualifies for
    5. ONLY if all apply - checks to see if the customer qualifies for all the coupons in this parent coupon. if so, then they receive the discount. If there is one or more coupons the customer does not qualify for, then they receive no discount.