Gift Certificate Email Not Sent

• Default avatar
    murray    
     11 years ago

Hi

I am using the component to generate gift certificates on a client's website. I can purchase the certificates through the checkout, but the email with the code is not being sent.

The client uses manual checkout, so has to manually change order status to "confirmed". My understanding is that at this point the email should be sent, but it isn't arriving.

The www/tmp is writeable.

There is a default profile selected.

If I look in awocoupon->history of uses->orders, my gift certificate does not show up there.

Can you advise what might be going wrong here? Are there any other directories that need to be writeable?

Thanks

Murray
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hi Murray,

Sent you a private message, awaiting reply.
  • Default avatar
    philip    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I am having the same trouble as murray. Can you assist me as well?

Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello, have you verified the suggestions here:
    https://awodev.com/documentation/frequently-asked-questions#giftcert-autoproblem

If so, please send temporary admin and ftp access by private message, and I can look at it.
  • Default avatar
    andrewau    
     11 years ago

Hi Guys,

I have tried to follow all the setup instructions and have active profile, permissions on folder setup, product setup etc etc, but still not getting codes generating and thus customers not receiving their gift certificate. would appreciate some advise please, thanks

Andrew
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Please send a pm with temporary admin/ftp access to debug it.
  • Default avatar
    andrewau    
     11 years ago

PM sent
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Took a look. You are using AwoCoupon 1.4.7, and I found that the giftcert_product table was missing 2 columns. I added these columns
    alter table #__awocoupon_giftcert_product add column vendor_name varchar(255);
    alter table #__awocoupon_giftcert_product add column vendor_email varchar(255);

It should be working now.
  • Default avatar
    andrewau    
     11 years ago

HI Seyi

Thanks I will test it now.