Mailing Plugin not workin correct . Coupons created in AWO Coupon PRO not known in virtuemart

• Default avatar
    michael390    
     12 years ago

Hello, I bought the Pro Verson with the Register Plugin.... but I have some troubles...

If I press send Test Mail I get a Mail but the plugin only sends me an article from the site , no coupon Oo . What made I wrong?

My Second problem is , I created the template coupon for registration but If i type in the code in Virtuemart I get the error that the code is not known ? Oo
    Have I configured the component in the wrong way?

greets
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

The emails are sent out using an article as a template. You should create an article with the email template and then select it within the plugin. Using the tag {coupon_code} will generate a coupon code.

The templates are just that, templates. They cannot be used as an actual coupon, they are used to generate unique codes for the customers.

Hope that makes sense.
  • Default avatar
    michael390    
     12 years ago

THank You for your quick answear.

Yes it makes sense BUT if I select an article as "special" so that nobody can see it on the Website itself (only Admins and so on) is the article shown in the mail?

Another Question... ist there a detailed manual for the components? I need some explenations about the controll center but they are not mentioned in the documentation. ( I am using the german Version ) .

And my last question.... how can I change the gift templates ? ( The text on it , and the graphical template like christmas)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     12 years ago

Yes, the article can be unpublished and it will still work.

For AwoCoupon pro, there is a user_guide.html file that comes with your download. It should be as detailed as you need. For the email plugin, if you hover over each field, it will give you more of a detailed description.

In AwoCoupon->gift certificate->profiles, you can make changes to the templates. There is only one template used at a time, the template marked as default. So you can edit that or just create a new template and make it default. You can upload your own images through ftp to www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/assets/giftcert/images. As long as they are jpg or png they will be picked up in the dropdown.