Another error for Gift Certificate

• Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

Sorry to trouble you again, but I have another error showing up when using gift certificates. Everything works fine for the purchase and emailing of the certificate, but when I enter the code for the certificate, I get an error:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/schecks/public_html/fudgebydesign.com/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estore/estorecouponhandler.php on line 1115

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

This error occurs because it cannot find anything to discount, the total to use is 0. You can stop it from processing by adding this before 1115
    <?php

if(empty($total_to_use)) return $this->return_false('errNoRecord');
    ?>

• Default avatar
    donald6    
     11 years ago

OK I saw my error. When I created the gift certificate, I included only the gift certificate category, but I needed to include all of the categories that the gift certificate can be applied to.

The only thing that I need CouponPro to do now is to apply the gift certificate to the shipping as well, so that the total amount shows 0. Is there some setting that I am overlooking?

Another question:
    How can the customer tell how much is left on the gift certificate? I expect that will be a common inquiry
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Adding restriction to the gift certificate removes the shipping. You can add it back for your installation
    www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estore/estorecouponhandler.php around line 1122 is this
    <?php

if(empty($asset1list)) {
    ?>

change it to this
    <?php

//if(empty($asset1list)) {

if(1==1) {
    ?>

Customers cannot check the gift certificate balance, it is an admin functionality, which you can do through awocoupon->history of uses->gift certificate. If you want customers to be able to check it, then we recently added a product that can do this:
    https://awodev.com/products/joomla/awotracker