Coupons not working - no error codes showing.

• Default avatar
    melissa    
     11 years ago

I've had coupon issues with my site for months and I've still not been able to find a resolution. I'm using VM 2.0.12f and awocoupon 2.0.9. If I have awocoupon disabled I can use codes in the VM coupon section, but if I have it enabled then no codes work at all. If I delete all of my VM coupon codes it doesn't make a difference with my awocoupon usage. And if I uncheck the "enable coupons" in VM config there's just no place to enter a code.

Basically if a customer tries to use a code in my cart it just refreshes the page without applying any changes at all. No errors are displayed or anything.

I really REALLY need to use the awocoupon functions - the VM codes don't have enough options, Please help me figure this out ASAP.
  • Default avatar
    melissa    
     11 years ago

UPDATE:

I made my license permanent and now when I put in the awocoupon codes in the cart it takes me to a weird version of my cart that is all sorts of messed up.

There is still no error code, and there's no way to advance the order without getting out of the cart, not to mention it just looks really really bad.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Is the page that you are being forwarded to this:
    index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=edit_coupon

If so, it has been talked about on this forum topic:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/expire-coupon-error

Basically the fix is within this file www/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php,

there is this
    <?php

if(self::$_triesValidateCoupon<8){

$redirectMsg CouponHelper::ValidateCouponCode($this->couponCode$prices['salesPrice']);
        } else{

$redirectMsg JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_COUPON_TOO_MANY_TRIES');
        }
    ?>

right after that last bracket, add this
    <?php
        $redirectMsg 
    '';
    ?>

And that should stop the redirection to a page that is not even created.
  • Default avatar
    melissa    
     11 years ago

Thanks, that fixed the ugly redirect page thingy. But it's still not applying the coupon. It's just refreshing the page with no change to the price or anything.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Thanks for the access. I took a look.

I added a very simple coupon and was able to use it on the front end without any problems, see image that I emailed you. What I noticed in all the coupons you created was that you selected specific shopper groups when creating the coupon. For the current version of AwoCoupon 2, if you have one or more of these set, then the customer is required to log in to use the coupon:
    - selected specific user
    - selected specific shopper group
    - set the number of uses per customer

In all 3 cases, login in is required to verify the customer qualifies. If you want the coupon to apply to all shopper groups, including anonymous, then do not select any shopper groups at all.

The force login for shopper group and number of uses per customer is likely to be removed in the next version of AwoCoupon Pro 2.
  • Default avatar
    melissa    
     11 years ago

I've been so busy looking for something big and complicated that I didn't even think it was that simple. Thanks for figuring it out and letting me know about the shopper groups! I'm glad there was nothing majorly wrong with my site. :)