Aworeferral editor malfunction after update to 2.1.1

• Default avatar
    curra9    
     11 years ago

Hi,

After update to 2.1.1 I can't save any change or text in aworeferral. I've tried changing the editors with no success.

In Invitation Description it doesn't save any text inside.

Invite a friend Email Message simple destructs any html format changing the code: " become \"e; and it keeps interting \"e after \"e in an infinity loop that blocks the page.

In Sponsor Email it doesn't save any text inside.

Any idea or similar problem?

Thanks,
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

I am not sure. Can you look in the database directly? You should have the table #__aworeferral_lang_text and the data should be stored there. Is that happening?
  • Default avatar
    curra9    
     11 years ago

Hello seyi,

Yes there are some rows with the badtranslated info in that table, but it get stored this way:

I insert:
    <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="padding: 30px; width: 750px; background: url('http://mydomain.com/images/b/b1.jpg') center top repeat; font-size: 13px; font-family: BentonSansRegular;">

and I get:
    <table align="\"center\"" border="\"0\"" cellpadding="\"0\"" cellspacing="\"0\"" 30px="" width:="" 750px="" background:="" url="" http:="" mydomain="" com="" images="" b="" b1="" jpg="" center="" top="" repeat="" font-size:="" 13px="" font-family:="" bentonsansregular="">
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Could I take a look at it? If so can you pm me temporary admin / ftp access?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

I believe I have found the problem, it has to do with magic quotes. Here is a link that explains a little about it:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2496455/why-are-post-variables-getting-escaped-in-php

I have updated your code to account for it. You should not see the garbled html any more.
  • Default avatar
    curra9    
     11 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the fix, but I still can get sponsor email info recorded. It is in the db but not in the backend.

Neither select coupon for reward (automatic or request)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. I am waiting access to view the problem.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Ok, I took a look this problem is happening because you have progressive cache set. The data is saved to the database but the old caching data is displayed to the screen, making it seem as though it was not saved. So I solved it by clearing cache after saving, here is the edit:

in www/administrator/com_aworeferral/models/config.php, after
    <?php

if (!$table->store()) {

JError::raiseWarning500$table->getError() );
                return 
    false;
            }
    ?>

I added
    <?php

// Clean the component cache.

$this->cleanCache('_system');
    ?>

It saves fine now.
  • Default avatar
    curra9    
     11 years ago

Thank you!

yep, now it saves propertly!
  • Default avatar
    curra9    
     11 years ago

Unblocked and waiting for service provider to add you to the white list.