Coupon Code Not Found. Please Try Again (Yes this is my issue)

• Default avatar
    anthony3    
     11 years ago

I read the other message here, and this one is different because I have:

Joomla 1.5.26 & VirtueMArt 2.0.10 & AWOCoupon Pro 2.1.1 (Permanent License)

Issues are:
    1- When I click on the "Config" box on the AWOCoupon Dashboad it points to:
    http://www.revgenetics.mx/administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=config

But always gets redirected to:
    http://www.revgenetics.mx/administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=license

So I can never see the config area for AWOCoupon Pro

2- I created a Buy X Get Y, just like in the example provided on your website. We are doing a buy 2 get 1 free coupon and setting it automatically. HOWEVER... no discount is provided when selecting 3 products. The cart still shows the total for 3 products. Can you help?

You can attempt it yourself, by putting 3 of this product in the cart and see that no discount is seen:
    http://www.revgenetics.mx/index.php/component/virtuemart/revgenetics/resveratrol-r300-detail

Below is the coupon:

===================================
    Function Type: Coupon
    Function Type 2: Buy X Get Y
    Coupon Code: DAME3
    Published: Published
    Percent or Amount: Percent
    Value: 100
    Process Type: Lowest Value

(no Optional field values)

-Customer tab
    Shopper Groups:
    anonymous and default are selected

-Tab Buy X
    Numebr: 2
    Type: product
    product "R300" in the list
    include

- Tab Get Y
    Numebr 1
    product "R300" in the list
    include

The plugin VMCoupon - AwoCoupon is enabled
    ===================================
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

I believe the first problem is a caching problem. Clear your browser cache and try the configuration page again.

For the second problem, try removing the shopper groups and leaving that blank, does that make a difference?
  • Default avatar
    anthony3    
     11 years ago

Thanks, clearing the cache worked for item1

Now Item 2 shows a discount if:

1- We use the coupon without the automatic discount enabled (the coupon is disabled in the auto discount section).

2- The automatic discount, just doesn't apply the discount. I just tried to add 3 bottles with auto discount, and it didn't apply the discount. I then cleared cache and reloaded the page... and it still didn't apply it. I cleared the cart, and then started over. Adding only 2 products and getting the message about the coupon not being able to apply. So I added another for a total of three products. I didn't get the message as expected, but no discount was provided either.

3- With automatic discount or not, the VirtueMart button that erases a product from the cart doesn't seem to work most o the time. When I clear chache, it then works. Maybe it's an issue with cache.

Thanks for any help you can provide on making the auto discount section working properly.

A
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Alright, did some testing and I believe there are 2 problems, one is with AwoCoupon Pro. Here is the quick fix you can apply, in
    www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estorecouponhandler.php, around line 448 is this
    <?php
            $coupon_row
    ->params = !empty($coupon_row->params) ? json_decode($coupon_row->params) : '';
    ?>

change it to this
    <?php
            $coupon_row
    ->params = !empty($coupon_row->params) ? ( is_string($coupon_row->params) ? json_decode($coupon_row->params) : $coupon_row->params  ) : '';
    ?>

The other problem I believe is with one page checkout. Try the above fix and see if it works. If not, turn off opc and see if it works. Post the results.