Virtuemart Product Location Exclude

• Default avatar
    risk taker    
     11 years ago

Hi,

PS: there is no forum folder for the Virtuemart Product Location Exclude that's why I posted it here on the help Section...

I'm in need of a plugin to exclude products for a certain country, then I found your free plugin. I tried to install it on Joomla 1.5.23 and
    Virtuemart 1.1.3. I configured the plugin parameters putting the SKU of the product and

the 3 letter country code, but when i try to login an account with the country that I put on the plugin parameters I can still see and buy the product that was supposed to be excluded...

Is there something I miss on my configuration? Please guide me...

Thanks in advance..
    Liewilyn
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for pointing it out, the forum has been created now for this product, and moved your post to it.

As for the problem, what is the 3 letter country code? Also did you have the plugin enabled? One other note, the customer will still be able to see the product and add it to the cart, but it should be removed when the customer goes through checkout with a warning message.
  • Default avatar
    risk taker    
     11 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

Hi Seyi,

On the old versions of joomla and VM we gave up already and just moved on the new versions for the new shop.
    This error below was found under versions:

Joomla 2.5.6 and Virtuemart 2.0.8e

For example I want to exclude KWT which is KUWAIT, so I put KWT on the country box, and put the SKU of the product i wanted to exclude.

The thing is it works fine as you said, the product I excluded shows on the front-end and when I add it to cart it was removed, the problem is when I add the product that is "NOT EXCLUDED" on the plugin and I go to cart it gives me this error:

Fatal error: outputCartDefault() [function.outputcartdefault]: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "VmImage" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /public_html/eutest2/templates/yoo_cloud/html/com_virtuemart/templates/default/checkout/cart/default.php on line 28

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

The error you are receiving is within your virtuemart template, not the product exclude plugin. If you disable the plugin does it still happen?
  • Default avatar
    lwmarketing    
     11 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem. And it goes away when I disable the plugin. Also, I see this error on the excluded product page "Notice: Undefined property: vmVersion::$RELEASE in /home/tmaher/public_html/dev/plugins/system/vmProductLocExclude/vmProductLocExclude.php on line 20" Thoughts?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

What version of Virtuemart are you using?
  • Default avatar
    lwmarketing    
     11 years ago

Same version as risk taker.

Joomla! 2.5.6 & VM 2.0.8e
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

for the warning message you are receiving, you can fix it by updating the file
    www/plugins/system/vmproductlocexclude/vmproductlocexclude.php, around line 20 is this
    <?php
            $version 
    $VMVERSION->RELEASE;
            if(empty(
    $version)) $version vmVersion::$RELEASE;
    ?>

change it to
    <?php
            $version 
    = isset( $VMVERSION->RELEASE) ? $VMVERSION->RELEASE '';
            if(empty(
    $version)) $version = isset(vmVersion::$RELEASE) ? vmVersion::$RELEASE '';
    ?>

For the other error, I do not receive it when using a normal template, so it seems it must be something specific within yoo_cloud, a template I dont have to test with.
  • Default avatar
    lwmarketing    
     11 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

That fixed the initial problem, but naturally, a new error has presented itself.

"Fatal error: main() [function.main]: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "VmImage" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /home/tmaher/public_html/dev/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php on line 140"

This pops up on the cart page when I go to checkout.

The site is still in dev : http://dev.dragontranscription.com

Also, the cart page is not keeping any of the page styles - it's basically a completely unstyled page with no images, CSS or scripts loading. strange....
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

The file has stopped executing, which is why you do not see much output. I have looked at default_pricelist.php of vm 2.0.8e, and line 140 is blank. Is your file customized? Furthermore if you disable the plugin does it works?
  • Default avatar
    lwmarketing    
     11 years ago

The page works fine if I deactivate the plugin. I'll check default_pricelist.php now...
  • Default avatar
    lwmarketing    
     11 years ago

I think we're all good now. This is a template form TemplateMonster that we've customized for a client. I don't recommend purchasing a template from them - nothing but problems like this...

Thanks for your help! I'll def remember your company!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Actually there is a problem. Did some more tests, the reason I was not able to reproduce it was because I was not loading the product thumbnail in the shopping cart. I am now and was able to create the problem. I have fixed it and updated plugin, so get he latest, 1.0.2:
    https://awodev.com/products#plg_vmproductlocexclude

And you should be good now.